Personal Assistant to the Operations Director
Salary: starting at £23,000
Hours: 40 hours per week (Monday-Friday) 9.00am-5.30pm.
Reports to: Operations Director
Place of Work: New Horizons Head Office (although travel to all our company properties is a requirement)
Overview of Role
New Horizons currently operates five Residential Children’s Homes over the Northwest and is quickly expanding. The New Horizons Group also has several rental properties in its portfolio. The candidate will be required to assist the Operations Director in the management of these aspects.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To assist the operations director in all aspects of his responsibilities.
- To manage the Operations Director’s diary and planning.
- To send and receive emails on behalf of the Operations Director.
- To be responsible for the management and upkeep of the H&S files and documentation for both the Residential Children’s Homes and the rental properties.
- To be responsible for ensuring all documentation in relation to Health and Safety, company vehicles, general maintenance, utilities, and rental properties is properly maintained and kept up to date.
- Coordinating quotes, back-office paperwork, registering guarantees.
- To assist in the sourcing and stock of materials required for maintenance and renovations.
- To work with the Development and Maintenance Manager in the planning of maintenance of renovations.
- The candidate will also be required to assist in the New Horizon’s Head Office, answering phones, taking messages, responding to emails.
- The candidate will be required to work with the Head Office team to cover in the event of Annual Leave and/or sickness.
- Enhanced DBS Check required.
- Driver with own transport is essential.
- Previous experience in property management, development and maintenance is desirable.
- Previous experience in assisting with full property renovations is desirable.
- Knowledge of building materials, processes and working with/managing building contractors is desirable.
- Flexibility is essential.
- Excellent IT skills are essential, in particular, the writing of professional emails/correspondence.
- Professional phone manner is essential.