Transitional Support Worker
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a full time Transitional Support Worker to join our Domestic Abuse Service. You will be joining a multi service charity based in Coventry. In return, we offer a competitive salary of £20,400 p.a. plus on-call payments and a contributory pension scheme. Annual leave 26 days plus bank holidays. A comprehensive in-house training programme.
What we do:
The charity has a fully trained staff team providing Supported Accommodation and Community Support to young parents and victims of domestic abuse. There is also a Children's Nursery that provides full day care for pre-school children and a Community Wellbeing Service.
We are looking for a reliable and committed woman who is able to:
- Be responsible for delivering a high-quality transitional support service to domestic abuse service users and their children.
- Be responsible for managing a caseload of service users who are transitioning to independent living in the community.
- Signpost and support service users to access a variety of additional resources and agencies including services for children, maintaining accommodation, budgeting, maximising income, debt management and independent living skills.
- Be responsible for continuous development of the transitional support service.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum NVQ level 3 in a related area of work and/or a minimum of 3 years relevant experience with survivors of domestic abuse.
- Experience of working with individuals and children affected by domestic abuse.
- Experience of assessing the needs and risks of people affected by domestic abuse.
- Experience of record keeping and report writing.
- Experience of working in the community with individuals/families.
- Knowledge and understanding of the difficulties faced by survivors of domestic abuse.
- Knowledge of best practice in relation to safeguarding adults and children.
- Understanding and passion for the work of Valley House.
- Knowledge of accessing a range of community services for individuals/families.
- Ability to work effectively within a team and on own initiative.
- Competent in the use of IT tools, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- To take part in an out of hours on-call rota with other staff. You will need to live within a 30 minute drive to Valley House.
- Be mobile and able to travel city wide (Coventry) at short notice (car driver with use of a vehicle). Candidates who are not car drivers, due to a disability, will be considered.
This post requires a satisfactory DBS check.
This vacancy is open to women only (exempt under the Equality Act 2010 Schedule 9, Part 1).
The hours of work are 37.5 per week.
The closing date is 12 noon on Thursday 14 October 2021 and interviews will be held on Friday 22 October 2021.
For more information about Valley House please visit our website www.valleyhouse.org.uk