Family Support Worker
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a full time Family Support Worker to join our Domestic Abuse Service. This post is initially for a fixed term period of 12 months. You will be joining a multi service charity based in Coventry. In return, we offer a competitive salary of £20,400 p.a. plus on-call payments and a contributory pension scheme. Annual leave 26 days plus bank holidays. A comprehensive in-house training programme.
What we do:
The charity has a full trained staff team providing Supported Accommodation and Community Support to young parents and victims of domestic abuse. There is also a Children's Nursery that provides full day care for pre-school children and a Community Wellbeing Service.
We are looking for a reliable and committed woman who is able to:
- Be responsible for the completion of all Early Help referrals and assessments to Family Hubs for service users accessing the Valley House Supported Accommodation Domestic Abuse Service.
- Support service users to access additional Family Hub/WISH support as appropriate.
- Manage the overall responsibility for tracking the progress of Early Help referrals.
- Act as a lead within the service in relation to city wide developments and Family Hubs.
- Facilitate 1 to 1 and group work with families.
- Liaise with universal services and facilitate/develop activities with external agencies where appropriate.
- Facilitate consultation activities with children.
- Continuous development of groups and resources.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum NVQ level 3 in a related area of work and/or a minimum of 3 years relevant experience.
- Experience of working with families affected by domestic abuse.
- Experience of completing assessments with vulnerable families.
- Experience of multi-agency working.
- Experience of facilitating group work/activities.
- Knowledge and understanding of the difficulties faced by survivors of domestic abuse.
- Knowledge of effective ways of working to engage with vulnerable families.
- Understanding and passion for the work of Valley House.
- Ability to work effectively within a team and on own initiative.
- Competent in the use of IT tools, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Be mobile and able to travel city wide (Coventry) at short notice (car driver with use of a vehicle). Candidates who are not car drivers, due to a disability, will be considered.
This post will require a satisfactory DBS check.
This vacancy is open to women only (exempt under the Equality Act 2010 Schedule 9, Part 1).
The hours of work are 37.5 per week.
The closing date is 12 noon on Thursday 14 October 2021 and interviews will be held on Thursday 21 October 2021.
For more information on Valley House please visit our website www.valleyhouse.org.uk