Family First has already grown to 21 nurseries within a 25-mile radius of London in just 18 months, looking after more than 650 children.
An incredibly exciting opportunity for an experienced, curious and highly motivated Nursery Manger in an Outstanding, rural 48 place private Day Nursery, founded since 1994, in central Nottinghamshire
· Applications are welcome from candidates with NVQ Level 3 qualification in Childcare and Education or higher
· Have a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience in a childcare setting
· Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience of working in a management role in a childcare setting
· Be an exceptional leader and effectively lead a nursery team
· Have a secure understanding of the EYFS and its application and a variety of other pedagogical approaches.
· Have a flexible approach to hours of work
· Excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to embedding effective communication strategies amongst other members of the team and between parents and the Nursery.
· Provide high standards of quality within the Nursery including the environment, resources and experiences offered to children.
- Ensuring daily operational management of the nursery follows policies and procedures and meets relevant legislative requirements
- Monitor occupancy and meet financial objectives and Promote the nursery to current and potential families
- Deliver a curriculum that is creative, stimulating and fun which facilitates the holistic development of each child in line with the EYFS Framework and British Values
- Maintain full records of pupil progress - attendance, pastoral and developmental
- Be fully compliant with an up-to-date Paediatric First Aid certificate, Food Hygiene certificate and training relevant to the post that demonstrates a commitment to CPD.
· Prepare regular newsletters and support staff in producing accurate and timely developmental summaries for parents and other agencies.
· To recruit, induct, support, train and appraise all staff to ensure outstanding childcare practice and to develop staff teams and individual practitioners (including chairing regular staff meetings).
· Support staff to meet their development plans and targets
· Ensure that children are kept safe and that staff understand and when necessary follow safeguarding procedures.
· Implement Health and safety policies within the nursery, follow the risk assessment schedule and recognise and assess new risks as they arise.
· Cascade all relevant information about new children and families to the relevant colleagues ensuring that all health, social and safeguarding details are carefully disseminated.
· Work with local area SENCOs, EYFS advisors, and other health professional
· Own smart dress
· Friendly supportive Team, daily contact with Director
· 3 closure weeks per year
· Opportunities for professional development and training.
Application deadline: 08/10/2021
Expected start date: 15/11/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £22,000.00-£23,500.00 per year
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Managerial: 2 years (required)
- Childcare: 5 years (preferred)