We are a well-established 3PL company offering comprehensive UK pallet distribution and commercial storage.
We are a member of the Palletline Network with over 45 years in the distribution and logistics industry. We have a
total focus on customer care and every employee is committed to meeting our customers’ requirements.
About the role:
Assisting the ‘hub’ of our operation in delivering an outstanding service to our customers by effectively managing
The debriefing of drivers and ensuring all paperwork is processed in line with company procedures.
- Ensure all drivers are debriefed at the end of each shift, in an efficient and accurate manner and all paperwork is processed in line with company procedures.
- Ensure and discrepancies are reported to the Operations Manager.
- Ensure any vehicle defects are correctly recorded and reported to the Management Team.
- Ensure all telephone calls are answered promptly and dealt with in a timely manner.
- Ensure all customer consignments are processed correctly and in line with the customers requirements.
- Engage with the traffic team in the planning of all customer deliveries and collections.
- Provide a high level of customer care at all times.
- Communicate effectively with drivers and other departments, providing support as required.
- To have an active role in the companies’ continuous improvement plan to achieve plans for
- future growth within the company.
- To ensure that required KPI targets are achieved.
- To perform other operational Adhoc tasks as required operationally.
- Resilient, assertive, optimistic and open to change
- Engages interest and participation of others and has a collaborative approach to working with others
- Actively committed to team development
- High levels of motivation and action orientated
- Ability to sustain and develop team working and team-based problem solving
- Good understanding of customer deliverables and the impact of failure / cost of poor quality
- Able to achieve results by setting high standards and committing to clear objectives
- Excellent communication skills
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Hours of work: Monday – Friday 10:00-20:00hrs with 1 hour for lunch, plus 1 in 4 Saturday mornings 07:00-12:00hrs.
In return we offer:
- Competitive salary – £21,000-£25,000 depending on experience
- Contributory pension plan
- Health cash plan
- Company uniform