Specialist Support worker, Meaningful Occupation
We work with individuals with complex lives facing challenges such as homelessness, rough sleeping, addiction and trauma to make positive changes. Our approach is to provide intensive 1:1 practical support to bring out their aspirations, strengths and abilities. The Specialist Support Worker will work closely with a small group of individuals in an accommodation setting with a history of homelessness, who are seeking to engage with meaningful occupation.
These new exciting roles focus on the following areas:
- Empowering individuals to make choices and be in control of their own lives
- Genuine future planning drawing on hopes, strengths, aspirations and goals
- Nurturing meaningful and positive relationships based on trust
- Mindfully promoting physical health and mental wellbeing
- Keeping people safe and building long term resilience
- Connection to digital and in person communities and networks
You’ll be provided with a full induction and personal development plan, including core training such as safeguarding, First Aid and Health & Safety, with an opportunity to attend other specialist training such as motivational interviewing and solution focused techniques, mental health awareness. We also employ people who do not have experience of working in our sector
And because the sky’s the limit, you’ll have the opportunity to undertake formal NVQ-level qualifications and above.
The ideal person will value:
- Personal integrity
- The importance of every individual
- Outstanding service to people
- The importance of working together
- Professional competence
You may also have a wider variety of work and voluntary experience, including:
- Working with the public or within communities providing advice, care and support services
- Experience supporting family and friends through traumatic, life-changing events
DBS checks are required for roles where you will be working with or have lone contact with Vulnerable Adults and Children.
BCHA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing date: 30/09/2021