NPI Test Manager
Thompsons Aero Seating Ltd. wish to appoint a NPI Test Manager to complement the Engineering team.
The successful candidate will join an experienced, highly knowledgeable and dynamic Engineering team. The NPI Test Manager has responsibility for completion of the test campaigns for Thompsons Aero Seating products. This includes working across the design, operations and certification teams to ensure that each seat is designed, built and tested in a manner that ensures optimal seat performance with appropriate documentation in place to support programme milestones with a focus on quality and cost. The role will work closely with the Engineering and Operations team and the Company's suppliers and partners.
This is a great opportunity to join a successful global Aerospace Company who recognises the value of people to support the growth of the Company.
• Responsible for test plan validation against internal and external testing capabilities in co-ordination with the Engineering team, ensuring consistency, quality and on-time completion for multiple projects.
• Working with the Engineering management team to develop engineers through exposure to testing and subsequent report compilation.
• Ensuring appropriate staffing capacity and capability against forecast obligations.
• Liaison with the certification, planning and project management staff to identify and secure test slots within the TAS internal test facilities as well as within the supply chain that align with the seat delivery schedule.
• Reviewing current and future test requirements, ensuring a robust plan is in place to deliver against the project schedules.
• Coordinating with the TAS HSE function with respect to compliance of internal NPI test facilities including completion of Risk Assessments, Standard Operating Procedures, PUWER assessments etc as appropriate.
• Adherence to the HSE reporting processes and coordination of safety auditing and implementation of corrective actions and continuous improvement.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. The successful job holder will be expected to perform varying tasks as required by their line manager & the overall objectives of the organisation.
Please note: Applicants must have eligibility to work in the UK.
Please contact the Company to view our GDPR statement.
Closing Date - Sunday 26th September 2021 at 5.00pm sharp.