We work from a brand new, purpose-built facility by the Ricoh Arena, which boasts a clean, air-conditioned shop floor with accompanying Gym, subsidized Canteen on site and onsite carpark.
Exactaform is the UK’s largest manufacturer of diamond tipped tooling, supplying high quality, precision tooling to the aerospace, automotive and motorsport industries across the world. We currently employ 70 people and this team is growing as the business grows. Exactaform targets 25% growth year on year, which gives way to a dynamic career with progression opportunities and a stable place to work.
With this in mind, we are looking for enthusiastic, professional candidates who are known for actively supporting production teams from an engineering perspective. With an emphasis on maturity, keeping a clear head in a fast-paced environment is essential.
With this role, there is progression available for the right candidate into the Production Management.
After a period of onboarding the following list is a brief overview of the role
- Technical support for all elements of production of cutting tools
- Educate and challenge operators on methods of manufacture
- Ensure all steps of production run smoothly and efficiently
- Create and plan manufacturing routes for production
- React to machine and process breakdowns accordingly
- Follow product specifications and quality control measures
- Assist to increase speed and efficiency of processes without minimizing quality
- Implement cost-reductive changes
- Diagnose origin of breakdowns, including human error, and troubleshoot problems
Production Manufacturing Engineer requirements and Qualifications
- Quality driven
- Familiarity with CAD software
- Knowledge of CNC Grinding, Brazing and Erosion preferred
- Knowledge of Laser technology and Inspection desirable
- Proficiency using Microsoft Suite (Excel, Factory Master desirable not essential)
- 2+ years proven experience in production/industrial engineering; managerial experience a plus
- Possess a wide breadth of knowledge in mathematics, physics, and mechanics
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- Ability to effectively lead and direct employees
- Detail-oriented and extremely efficient
Any other reasonable request from a member of the Management team.
You will be joining a growing company, with a growing team with a range of experience levels. Exactaform offers great job security, full training and opportunities for progression. There is also the option for overtime.
Days: Monday – Thurs 7.30am-4.30pm, Friday finish at 12.30pm
If this sounds like the career for you, please apply online to be considered.