Care Support Worker
Are you currently providing care but would like to have more time to care in one location – rather than often commuting? Or are you a naturally caring person and would like to start your career in Care?
We work to inspire vibrant community hubs that enriches our clients’ later lives by promoting a way of life that gives people as many opportunities as possible to remain mentally and physically active. Care Support has been providing care and support to people for over 20 years. Originating in the homecare sector, we have now developed into a specialist Extra Care provider, delivering personalised Extra Care and support to over 800 clients in the South East and continuing to grow.
- No two days are the same and your responsibilities will range from helping clients to get up and ready for the day, from washing, bathing, toileting to helping with all the little things; the laundry, cleaning, shopping and cooking.
- Your role, according to the Care Plan that you’re providing, may also include providing specialist care and supporting our clients with more complex needs.
- Full Time - Mondays to Fridays – together with the availability to work alternative weekends – which are important.
- You’ll be working a variable-hours contract which may mean that your hours can change weekly, dependent on your rota. It might also mean that you may work within two of our other schemes (based in Bedford) from time to time.
- Please note that you may need to work on select bank holidays. Any bank holidays that you do work will be added back into your accrued holiday and can be taken at another time.
- You will work within our Extra Care scheme – which means that you will work in one location for an entire shift – offering you less time commuting and more time to care!
- Gordon Colling House offers a bus stop right outside, with a 20-minute bus journey or 40-minute walk into the centre of town and Bedford Bus station.
- This scheme offers 55 bedded flats and a staff room with all the facilities you will need to enjoy your breaks. There is also a carers reference area and you will be supplied with free tea and coffee and an on-site restaurant!
- The team believes it’s an amazing place to work as they enjoy not having to commute, they have the support of a keyworker, trainer and manager on-site to support, whilst being paid per shift. They confirm that you will work with enthusiastic and positive people – creating a lovely atmosphere where you will feel supported and encouraged.
- Our team genuinely cares about our clients. We have a very interesting mix of clients in this scheme – with clients being supported with learning disabilities, mental health, dementia, physical disabilities and general care to promote independent living.
- It is important that you have a self-motivated and cheerful attitude, with a naturally caring and considerate nature.
- You have a natural ability to build rapport with clients and it is super important that you are reliable as our clients depend on you and the responsibility for their care will fall to you.
- You have good verbal and written communication skills to ensure that every customer feels comfortable with you and you can communicate their care and requirements to the rest of the team.
- Please note that you will need an Enhanced DBS check in order to provide care support. We can accept a DBS from the Update Service or assist you with a check.
Benefits for you
- We offer a competitive salary of £8.91
- Up to 28 days paid holiday per year (inclusive of bank holidays, pro rata)
- A competitive pension scheme to help you plan for the future
- Flexible working hours and local work
- We will invest and provide you with 2 x days FREE Induction Training for which you will receive a Care Training Certificate along with ongoing E-Learning.
- We will also continue to support your development throughout your career with us, through refresher training, knowledge and opportunities to develop your career within the care sector. It is important that you are willing to undergo continuous training and supervision when required – and we will in turn offer you regular support and recognition.
If you are passionate about supporting customers and genuinely want to provide good care, we can offer you a career working in a friendly and supportive environment so please get in touch with us today!
Care Support is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. Please note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes a criminal record check.