Care Support Workers
We work to inspire vibrant community hubs that enriches our clients’ later lives by promoting a way of life that gives people as many opportunities as possible to remain mentally and physically active. Care Support has been providing care and support to people for over 20 years. Originating in the homecare sector, we have now developed into a specialist Extra Care provider, delivering personalised Extra Care and support to over 800 clients in the South East and continuing to grow.
- No two days are the same and your responsibilities will range from helping clients to get up and ready for the day, from washing, bathing, toileting to helping with all the little things; the laundry, cleaning, shopping and cooking.
- Your role, according to the Care Plan that you’re providing, may also include providing specialist care and supporting our clients with more complex needs.
- You can work full time or part time: We have availability to work over evenings, weekends, awake nights and covering maternity leave
- Working variable hours may mean that your hours can change weekly, dependent on your rota. It might also mean that you may work within one of our other schemes from time to time.
- Please note that the business is open during bank holidays and so we would need you to work on some bank holidays. Any bank holidays that you do work will be added back into your accrued holiday and can be taken at another time.
- Elizabeth Gardens is based in Stifford Clays, which is a small town and vibrant location to work in. You will have easy access to nearby busses, and we can assist you with parking right outside the scheme, if you’re driving.
- This is one of our younger schemes, only four years old, placed within an up-to date purpose-built building, offering our friendly team a bright, spacious and nicely decorated environment to work in. This scheme offers a communal staff room with all the facilities you will need and where you can have your lunch and breaks. The staff room is shared with housing, estate managers, day centre and cleaning staff.
- You will work with a like-minded team that genuinely care about our clients. We have a very interesting mix of clients in this scheme and we offer care for low, medium and high needs - which include physical disabilities, mental health, palliative care, dementia and general support to promote a diverse range of independence.
- This is a very exciting role, which will help you to increase your care and general medical knowledge as you will work with GP’s, social workers, physio therapists, occupational therapists, district nurses and mental health workers.
- It is important that you have a self-motivated and cheerful attitude, with a naturally caring and considerate nature.
- You have a natural ability to build rapport with clients and it is super important that you are reliable as our clients depend on you and the responsibility for their care will fall to you.
- You have good verbal and written communication skills to ensure that every customer feels comfortable with you and you can communicate their care and requirements to the rest of the team.
- Please note that you will need an Enhanced DBS check in order to provide care support. We can accept a DBS from the Update Service or assist you with a check.
Benefits for you
- We offer a competitive salary of £8.91 per hour
- Up to 28 days paid holiday per year (inclusive of bank holidays, pro rata)
- A competitive pension scheme to help you plan for the future
- Flexible working hours and local work
- We will invest and provide you with 2 x days FREE (face to face) Induction Training plus further E-Learning & Workbooks following which, on completion, you will receive a Care Training Certificate.
- We will also continue to support your development throughout your career with us, through refresher training, knowledge and opportunities to develop your career within the care sector. It is important that you are willing to undergo continuous training and supervision when required – and we will in turn offer you regular support and recognition.
If you are passionate about supporting customers and genuinely want to provide good care, we can offer you a career working in a friendly and supportive environment so please get in touch with us today!
Care Support is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. Please note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes a criminal record check.