CARE SUPPORT ARE NOW RECRUITING. Part-time, full-time, weekend and night shifts available.
We work to one common goal through our unique collection of Extra Care Schemes: to inspire vibrant community hubs that enriches our clients later lives by promoting a way of life that gives people as many opportunities as possible to remain mentally and physically active.
- No two days are the same and your responsibilities will range from helping clients to get up and ready for the day, from washing, bathing, toileting to helping with all the little things; the laundry, cleaning, shopping and cooking.
- Your role, according to the Care Plan that you’re providing, may also include providing specialist care and supporting our clients with more complex needs.
- You can work full time or part time – whichever hours suit you – although availability to work alternative weekends are important.
- Working variable hours may mean that your hours can change weekly, dependent on your rota. It might also mean that you may work within one of our other schemes from time to time.
- Please note that the business is open during bank holidays and so we would need you to work on some bank holidays. Any bank holidays that you do work will be added back into your accrued holiday and can be taken at another time.
- You will work within our Extra Care scheme which means that you will work in one location for an entire shift, offering you less time commuting and more time to care!
- Dreywood Court is located 7 minutes' walk from Gidea Park Rail station, with easy access to nearby busses.
- This is one of our younger and larger schemes, situated within an up-to date purpose-built building, offering our team a bright, spacious and nicely decorated environment to work in. The team at Dreywood is also a vibrant, friendly and happy team, as they really enjoy the fantastic residents they get to work with. This scheme has a separate staff room with all the facilities you will need and where you can have your lunch and breaks.
- In addition to providing care, the team is involved with promoting game evenings, exercise classes and other activities in order to enhance our residents' wellbeing.
- It is important that you have a self-motivated and cheerful attitude, with a genuinely caring and considerate nature.
- You have a natural ability to build rapport with residents and it is super important that you are reliable as our clients depend on you and the responsibility for their care will fall to you.
- You have good verbal and written communication skills to ensure that every customer feels comfortable with you and you can communicate their care and requirements to the rest of the team.
Benefits for you
- We offer a competitive salary of £8.91 per hour
- Up to 28 days paid holiday per year (inclusive of bank holidays, pro-rata)
- A competitive pension scheme to help you plan for the future
- Flexible working hours and local work
- We will invest and provide you with FREE one to one Induction Training plus online E-learning for which you will receive a Care Certificate. We will also continue to support your development throughout your career with us. It is important that you are willing to undergo continuous training and supervision when required
- We will also continue to support your development throughout your career with us, through refresher training, knowledge and opportunities to develop your career within the care sector
- Regular support and recognition
- Full PPE provided.
If you are passionate about supporting customers and genuinely want to provide good care, we can offer you a career working in a friendly and supportive environment so please get in touch with us today!
Care Support is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly.
Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes criminal record checks