Personal Assistant - Live In
REF NO. POW486566(LA)3
Live in Personal Assistant
A LITTLE ABOUT ME
I am a middle-aged gentleman with an acquired brain injury, living independently in Llanidloes.
I have problems with my health and mobility, and I am supported to live independently in my own home with 24 hr care support from my existing team of PA’s.
I am currently looking to employ an additional 2 x team members to support with my care needs. One of these positions is in a full-time capacity, and the second position is for a ‘bank’ position where ad-hoc cover would be required to cover the existing full-time team.
HOURS OF WORK
Live In for 2 full days, followed by 4 days off alternating with other PA’s.
TASKS & DUTIES
- Supporting me on a 1 – 1 basis
- Accompanying me to Church
- Assistance with social interaction
- Support with shopping & domestic tasks
- Assisting to help me carry out my hobbies and pastimes
- Supporting me to access community-based activities and clubs
- Personal care to assist with all elements of personal hygiene
- Meal preparation and cooking. Support with eating and drinking
- Assist with medication
- Support with regular housework including laundry and ironing
- Support me with hospital appointments
- Support and encourage my independence and preserve my personal sense of well-being
- To ensure I’m able to fully express my individuality and determine for myself choices around Direct Payments.
- To assist in the maintenance of independent living and so provide me with a greater range of opportunities to enhance my lifestyle.
TYPE OF PERSON REQUIRED
- Someone with a calm nature who doesn’t mind repetitive behaviours
- A person being willing and creative to assist in planning and assisting in all types of activities.
- A person who is dependable and arrives on time.
- A person who respects the privacy and confidentiality of working in someone else’s home.
- A person who is laid back and flexible, with a good sense of humour.
- A person with a positive commitment to this kind of work.
- A person with a friendly, easy-going manner.
- A car owner driver.
- Someone who could provide extra hours on occasions would be an advantage.
- Persons who are looking for a long-term commitment to remain in this job, to build a good professional relationship with me.
- Persons who find the regular times suitable to their lifestyle.
This job would require the use of your own vehicle during working hours, taking me out in your car to various locations. Mileage expenses will be paid, subject to prior agreement and limits.
RATE OF PAY
Day Rate - £9.00 per hour
Night Rate (Sleep Nights) - £8.72 per hour
Full training will be provided in house by the existing team of PA’s
About The job
Salary Frequency – Four Weekly - By BACS
Successful applicant will be subject to a three-month trial period
A DBS check will be required, this will be at no cost to yourself
A formal contract of employment will be provided
References will be required
Apply online – specifically in Google search engine, precisely enter POW486566(LA)3 where it will then take you to where you can apply.
Please request an application form via our registered email address ILSPowys@peopleplus.co.uk or call 0330 123 2815 quoting the reference number POW486566(LA)3
Please note that this advert has been placed on behalf of one of our Service Users. Should your application be successful, you will be directly employed by the Service User or their Suitable Person and NOT PeoplePlus.