Ref no: POW534586(LA)2
Job Description – Personal Assistant
I am a gentleman in my mid-seventies, living independently in the Welshpool area of Powys. I have been assessed to receive direct payments to employ my own Personal Assistant(s) to enable me to continue living well at home, as independently as possible.
I live with MS and use a walking frame and a wheelchair to aid me in my home environment and local community, I am supported with this by a small team of Personal Assistants who provide me with support to maintain my nutrition & hydration needs, social stimulation and domestic tasks. I am currently looking to employ 1 Personal Assistant to support me with my care needs for between 4.5 – 6 hours per week.
Days and Hours of Work
BETWEEN 4.5 – 6 HOURS PER WEEK (Season Dependent)
Hours to be provided between Monday – Wednesday
AM, Lunch & Evening Visits – Visits ranging from 30 mins – 60 mins duration.
Please note – Overtime is available on an ad-hoc basis to cover annual leave / absence and additional needs as they arise, so flexibility is required of the successful applicant(s).
Tasks and Duties
- Supporting me on a 1:1 basis
- Assist with meal preparation
- Changing bedding as required and doing the necessary laundry
- Support and encourage my independence where possible, and preserve my personal sense of well-being
- Support around the home with domestic tasks
- Support with shopping as required
- Support with social stimulation
- Any other reasonable tasks required
TYPE OF PERSON REQUIRED
- A person local to the Welshpool area.
- A person with a bubbly and easy-going manner.
- A person with personality and character.
- A person who is dependable and arrives on time.
- A person who respects the privacy and confidentiality of working in someone else’s home.
- A person with a positive commitment to this kind of work.
- A car owner / driver.
- Flexibility to cover sickness and annual leave is necessary.
- Persons who are looking for a long-term commitment to remain in this job, to build a good professional relationship with me.
- A person who finds the shift pattern suitable to their lifestyle.
Rate of Pay
£10.15 per hour.
Full training will be provided in house by the existing team of PA’s.
About The job
Salary Frequency – Calendar Monthly - By BACS.
Successful applicant will be subject to a three-month trial period.
A DBS check will be required, this will be at no cost to yourself.
Apply online – specifically in Google search engine, precisely enter POW534586(LA)2 where it will then take you to where you can apply.
Please request an application form via our registered email address ILSPowys@peopleplus.co.uk or call 0330 123 2815 quoting the reference number POW534586(LA)2
Please note that this advert has been placed on behalf of one of our Service User. Should your application be successful, you will be directly employed by the customer and not PeoplePlus.