This position is an opportunity to work within a Systems Qualification and Certification Engineering role documenting and managing the certification basis of aerospace seating electrical equipment in accordance with Aerospace Regulatory, OEM and internal requirements.
This role will primarily consist of creating test and equipment documentation and procedures, technical reports, potential test witnessing, managing requirements and the verification and validation of aerospace seating electrical equipment and systems.
Using Aerospace Regulatory, OEM & TAS requirements you will verify that components and systems meet or achieve applicable standards. You will also guide and influence the electrical design team on system and software development requirements under the supervision of the Senior Electrical Certification Engineer and by doing so you will be ensuring that the product meets all electrical qualification and certification requirements.
You will be working in a Part 21 J ADOA Design Organisation within multi-disciplined Engineering teams to deliver innovative design solutions for new concepts & customisation of existing products for our customers across the globe, ensuring delivery to cost, time, quality & adherence to strict aerospace regulations and suitability for manufacturing.
- Capture, manage and validate engineering requirements from OEM and supplier specifications and flow these to sub suppliers as required.
- Creation of electrical project specifications.
- In general, complete the verification and validation of electrical equipment for our premium seating products.
- Be the point of contact for all electrical certification and qualification queries.
- Review and compare 3rd party equipment to verify that they meet requirements.
- Develop test plans and complete tests on 3rd party and seating equipment to show compliance to OEM and seat level requirements and validate system functionality.
- Create Technical Plans and Reports.
- To liaise with Equipment and System Level Suppliers in the verification of their compliance to OEM and TAS requirements.
- Determine TAS level of compliance and means of compliance to OEM specification
- Determine TAS level of compliance and means of compliance to OEM specification and create and maintain compliance matrix
- Responsible for the electrical certification technical governance of the engineering for the project under the instruction of a lead/senior engineer.
- Work with and support the lead engineers of projects to plan activities for the integration of systems.
- Work with the lead engineer to identify deliverables and ensure plans are delivered according to OEM milestone charts as well as TAS internal engineering releases.
- Ensure designs meet internal and external requirements.
- Creation of project electrical configuration and certification documentation.
- Ensuring lessons learned are implemented on future designs.
- Review of design data and supplier documentation to ensure right first-time during design approval.
- Ensuring design quality gate process adherence.
- You will offer ongoing technical support to OEMs in relation to electrical certification documentation and electrical configuration.
- You will create close working relationships with OEM electrical certification counterparts to ensure TAS are kept relevant and update to date with requirements.
- You will support the project from kick off through to DDP approval, however, this may extent to support aftermarket queries in relation to continued airworthiness.
- Provide technical support to sales, customers and production. Ensure a close working relationship with sales making sure that customer expectations are achieved.
- Support change management through research, concepts, design reviews, trade studies, impact analysis and implementation.
- Occasional travel to OEM facilities, 3rd part equipment suppliers or test houses to carry out the duties of this role
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. The successful job holder will be expected to perform varying tasks as required by their line manager & the overall objectives of the organisation.