Mechanical Design Engineer
Working within multi-disciplined Engineering teams to deliver innovative design solutions for new concepts & customisation of existing products for our customers across the globe, ensuring delivery to cost, time, quality & adherence to strict aerospace regulations and suitability for manufacturing.
- Prepare all necessary documents, such as specifications, mechanical drawings, and reports related to aircraft seating.
- Work under the direction of the lead with outside vendors, internal departments and other engineering disciplines for compliant, airworthy products.
- Work on drawing deviations through CAD, considering the implications of issues such as cost, safety and time constraints.
- Support change management through research, concepts, design reviews, trade studies, impact analysis and implementation.
- Work with internal stakeholders to assist with production investigating, troubleshooting, and resolution of build and test issues.
- Support statement of work and bids for new customer requests.
- Provide extensive coordination with suppliers and internal support groups.
- Work in project teams designing new products, ensuring they will meet reliability and airworthiness standards to perform consistently in specified operating environments.
- Provide input to root cause analysis and proposed solutions.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. The successful job holder will be expected to perform varying tasks as required by their line manager & the overall objectives of the organisation.