In-house UI/UX Designer
Job Title: In-house UX/UI Designer
Reports to: Chief Technology Officer
Location: Office (Newmarket) & Remote
Who we are and what is important to us:
Wonde is an innovative education technology company based in Newmarket, working with over 23,000 schools nationwide and employing cutting edge technologies to help improve outcomes for students and bring a host of improvements to the education sector.
Wonde helps schools connect with the apps that they use, making the whole process simple and cost-effective for both parties.
We believe our customers deserve accessible, simple, quality solutions and we are dedicated to providing them!
As our UI/UX Designer you will be responsible for producing wireframes and designs for our new products and features. You will work closely with the development team and product owner to design intuitive interfaces across multiple platforms. You’ll enjoy and embrace regularly partnering with internal teams and management to better understand our processes to define and improve strategy.
This is an exciting, stand-alone opportunity where you will lead and help shape the creative team. You will have the autonomy & freedom to shape the role, quickly having an impact on processes & designs.
You’ll enjoy the challenge of doing things differently and embrace the pace and focus of a start-up environment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Business partner with product teams to design new functionality
- Partner with internal departments and stakeholders to develop, agree and implement designs
- Manage and coordinate testing and website iterations in support of our Agile approach
- Lead the line in terms of UI design best practices and standards
- Develop and strengthen Wonde’s designs to maximise campaigns and marketing activities
- Implement and introduce our brand vision & product benefit across design activity
- Challenge existing processes and the technologies to drive forward positive change or highlight potential opportunities for change
- Ensure creative deliverables are aligned to brand guidelines
- Engage and partner with the marketing team to support wider projects
- Research and adapt latest design trends and technologies
- Participate in internal and external meetings, acting as a subject matter expert
- Where appropriate business partner with external agencies
What you’ll have:
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience practising product design in an iterative manner (not all upfront)
- Confident visual thinker, with a portfolio showing UI design work including typography and styling
- Experience working with analytics to define and measure success
- Experience inheriting and interpreting research to aide design
- Comfortable designing and carrying out user and usability testing
- Experience documenting workflows and system-level diagrams
- Advanced prototyping skills; Proficient at using Sketch and Invision
- Strong ideation skills and the ability to form these into solid validated concepts
- Experience working with senior-level stakeholders
- Strong understanding of user needs and business needs
- Research experience of multiple methodologies
- Strong presentation skills; story-telling with every project assisted by documentation where necessary
- Ability to communicate and articulate design decisions to the team and stakeholders
- Ability to manage time well and respond to time constraints accordingly
- Excellent relationship building and stakeholder management skills
Products you’ll be working with:
What you’ll get:
Wonde is much more than just a place to work. It is a place to grow, innovate, excel and learn. We have tech people, creative people and people people, all focused on providing a superior customer experience.
We value, support and champion those we work with - promoting personal growth and happiness. We get that our success is dependent on the collective energy, intelligence and contributions of all our team members and we are committed to ensuring our work environment is the best it can be.
We value your commitment and offer competitive salaries to reflect this - although there are other great benefits too;
- Flexible working
- Comprehensive wellness programmes
- Onsite Gym & Mindfulness room
- Use of a new MacBook
- Frequent social events and company lunches
- Office closure between Christmas & New Year
- Casual Dress Code
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to continuous learning and development opportunities
- A collaborative atmosphere where everyone's opinion is taken seriously
- A rapidly growing business with big plans and a global footprint
We understand the importance of work-life balance, if you’re seeking a fully remote opportunity, bring us up to speed and we’ll see what we can do!
If the role is of interest please include a link to your portfolio and or Dribbale profile, we look forward to speaking with you!