Network Build Manager
Main Purpose of Role:
A full time on-site Network Build Manager is a highly professional role that involves a great deal of skill and knowledge of the Fibre Optic and Network Build domain. The Network Build Manager is responsible for the delegation of resource used within a project ensuring all relevant works are completed on time and to the Clients standards. This position therefore carries with it a great deal of responsibility. The Network Build Manager will be expected to problem solve, provide guidance and leadership to the Lead Engineers.
Assisting the Company to achieve its goals and objectives is the responsibility of the Network Build Manager. Network Build Managers work to improve productivity, customer relations, service, and surpassing regional goals. To do this, managers coordinate with, mentor, and motivate Lead Engineers and Fibre Engineers. They conduct store and site visits to assess the conditions and recommend changes. Network Build Managers also carry out periodic performance evaluations and reviews on employees to ensure that the team is on the right path to achieving their goals.
- Liaise with the project management for design changes within the build.
- Ensure all Reports are accurate and submitted in a timely fashion in line with the Complete Utilities requirements.
- Monitoring the activities of all Fibre Engineers, to ensure all adhere to the standard operating procedures.
- Giving guidance to teams on the direction of the network build.
- Conduct Audits as required. Required number of audits per week or month will be given to you by the Project Manager in advance of a deadline.
- Assist in the goal setting, skill enhancement and performance of the team
- Ensure company policies, procedures and Government legislations are followed by all team members (All safety checks are followed, re: Chapter 8, qualifications, etc.)
- Provide training to Fibre Engineers as needed.
- Provide support and guidance to Fibre Engineers to ensure timely and quality service.
- Develop programmes to improve technical and customer service skills of service staffs (Training packages).
- Provide support and interest in the wellbeing of employees and be able to Identify and resolve employee concerns/complaints.
- Maintain positive and healthy relationship with all teams to ensure customer service effectiveness.
- Support Company teams in achievement of Company goals.
- Assist with interviewing and possible dismissing of employees.
- Manage stock and assets of all materials and tools for the Fibre team. Report any incidents that may affect the company financially regarding vehicles or equipment.
- Ensure that the resources are properly distributed to meet Company objectives. Also, that the Stock levels and tool control to ensure stock levels remain at a workable level, and not below the minimum stock levels set by the Company.
- Assist the Project Manager with resource identification and planning.
- Identify performing and underperforming staff; undertake performance management procedures; attend disciplinary meetings.
- Demonstrate outstanding Company professionalism through standards expected of a Network Build Manager and integrity within the work environment.
- Proactively organize and engage with Lead Engineers daily.
- Carry out toolbox talks, and Monthly Progress Presentations as required.
- Experience in FTTH deployment with good technical knowledge of industry standards
- Good understanding of Quality Standards and H&S requirements across the business
- Valid driving licence
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Familiar with Industry standards including NRSW
- Good organisation and management skills
- Elevated IT skills, with a good understanding of reporting.
- Proven track record working within a fast-paced environment.
- Be proactive and responsive with the ability to multitask and prioritise issues.
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
- Prince 2 or PM equivalent
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt
- Mental Health Awareness
- First Aid trained
- Hands on Experience with Splicing, OTDR and Blown Fibre Networks
Strictly no agencies please.