We are thrilled to announce that we have a new vacancy in our Underwriting Department for a Senior Underwriter, based at our Principal Office, in Hinckley.
Based in a vibrant, open-plan office, you will work alongside a great mix of experienced individuals. We believe that investing in our people and their future is key to our success. As such, you will receive a comprehensive induction process, extensive on-the-job training, and ongoing support from management to ensure that you succeed in your role.
Working hours are 35 hours and 25 minutes per week, i.e., Monday – Friday 8.55am – 5pm with one hour unpaid for lunch. Saturday mornings may be requested by management and a payment will be paid for this.
As a Senior Underwriter your role will be to ensure the Society’s Underwriting standards and practices are upheld and embedded within the Underwriting Team. Ensuring the Society’s approach is embedded consistently in addition to the Responsible Lending Policy.
You will also assist in the training of Assistant Underwriters through the Underwriting Training & Competency Framework providing mentoring and coaching.
Good industry knowledge would also be preferred as you will assist the Head of Underwriting and Underwriting Managers in researching underwriting practices, standards and changes to regulation for new and existing arears of lending.
Desired background, experience, and skills for the role:
- Full CeMAP Qualification.
- Minimum of 3 years Mortgage Underwriting experience.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to think on your feet and solve problems quickly.
- Capability to adapt quickly in an agile working environment.
- Meticulous organisation and prioritisation skills.
- A strong focus on customer service.
- Good IT skills including a basic understanding of the MS Office package, especially MS Outlook & Excel.
- At a minimum, five GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C or above, including maths and English.
- The willingness to undergo a credit reference search and DBS check (our employees must have impeccable standards of personal finance).
Benefits of working for Hinckley & Rugby Building Society:
- Minimum of 23 days annual leave, with bank holidays in addition (increased with length of service and pro rata for part time employees).
- Blended working available which includes a mixture of working from home and within our brand new head office in Hinckley.
- Annual discretionary bonus based on performance.
- Opportunity to buy three days additional holiday (pro rata for part time employees).
- Additional day off in your birthday month.
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave package.
- Competitive contributory pension scheme.
- Four times basic salary life cover.
- Opportunity to join Benenden Healthcare (upon six months service).
- Permanent Health Insurance (upon six months service).
- Access to the Employee Assistance Programme.
- Access to the Society’s Mental Health First Aiders.
- Three days paid leave to work in the community or as a volunteer.
- Eyecare voucher scheme.
- Loyalty bonuses for length of service.
- Reward and recognition schemes.