- Managing the most critical and highest value direct materials sourcing and supply relationships
- Manage large and complex sourcing and outsourcing projects through both evaluation and execution
- Manage the design of robust Commodity Strategies to support the business goals
- Providing a global category focal point for the business
- Providing industry-leading category management expertise to the business
- Manage the outsourced spend for a specific commodity spend Category
- Build, maintain and manage scaled & critical strategic supplier relationships.
- Deliver significant and sustained cost savings for their Category, on an on-going basis.
- Contribute to the overall Make vs Buy strategy, identifying opportunities and synergies both within the supply chain and current Make portfolio.
- Provide strategic leadership to key business transformation and outsourcing projects and leverage strong project and change management skills to manage complex and high value outsourcing and re-sourcing projects.
- Drive sustainable and ethical sourcing practices across the organisation. Influencing stakeholders at the highest level within the business unit, suppliers, and customers.
- Conducting strategic sourcing, search, and supplier evaluations; conducting RFPs / tender / commercial negotiation processes
- Managing multiple supplier relationships and projects to balance supply chain competition
- Securing a global supply base that meets the organization’s cost and performance targets
- Drive continuous improvements for the Category / group of commodities.
- Negotiate and implement LTAs and subcontracts
- Provide insights and recommendations based on analysis, research, industry trends, benchmarking, and best practices.