Personal Care Assistant
2-3 Female Personal Care Assistant's required in the Darnall (S9) area of Sheffield
To support a lady with limited mobility in accessing the community, enabling her to live an independent and fulfilling life. She enjoys going on light walks and visiting various shopping centres and local stores.
This role would be best suited to a responsible, caring, and compassionate individual who can be relied upon to be flexible, dependable and trustworthy.
30 hours per week during the daytime to be shared between 2-3 PA's. Specific days and hours to be negotiated during the interview stage. The employer will aim to be flexible around your needs.
Rate of pay: £9.21 per hour.
• To accompany and support her in accessing the community, with shopping, and in attending medical appointments.
• Light domestic duties such as hoovering and tidying may be required.
• To take a proactive approach in all aspects of the role.
• Maintain confidentiality.
• Limited personal care may be required on occasion.
• To support with meal preparation.
• Previous experience in 1:1 care support would be preferred, with an understanding of and promoting independence.
• You must be an enthusiastic individual, as well as reliable, punctual and flexible, with a positive attitude and calm manner.
• A driver with access to their own vehicle with workplace insurance is required. Fuel expenses incurred during work hours will be met by your employer.
• Must be flexible in regards to duties and working hours required.
• A DBS (Disclose and Barring Service) check may be required. The expense would be met by your employer.
Section 9; Schedule 83 [Work: Exceptions] (Part 1; Occupational Requirements) - applies to this post
Please note that this advert has been placed on behalf of our client. Should your application be successful, and you are offered the position, you will be directly employed by the client and not by PeoplePlus - Independent Living Services.