CBT and EMDR Therapists
CBT and EMDR Therapists – Permanent Position – £29,577 (pro-rata) for Registered Counsellors, £30,351 (pro-rata) for Accredited Counsellors
Current remote working from home due to Covid-19 restrictions providing online/telephone counselling. This post will then be based in the city (with possible travel to outreach locations). Travel is required as part of this role and so access to a car is needed.
Hours of work
30 - 37.5 hours per week (over 5 days, Monday – Friday)
To deliver evidence-based psychological therapies in the form of CBT and EMDR and model good practice for working with survivors of sexual violence (age 18+) which is safe, ethical, and effective and supports key outcomes
- Managing a caseload of clients and providing evidence-based psychological interventions in the form of CBT and EMDR for short- and medium-term sessions
- To undertake rigorous Clinical Assessments and identify and action needs/risks and safeguarding matters appropriately and in a timely manner
- To formulate, plan and monitor individualised Recovery Focused Support Plans with clients including effective signposting and referrals as necessary
- Liaise effectively with key personnel and colleagues to contribute to the safe and productive day to day running of the therapeutic service
Essential experience, qualifications and skills
- A Masters Level Qualification in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy or Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and accreditation with BABCP and/or EMDR qualification and accreditation with the EMDR Association UK
- Experience of conducting Clinical Risk Assessments
- Have in-depth knowledge of issues affecting people who have experienced sexual violence, both recent and non-recent
- Experience of delivering a wide range of therapeutic approaches to mental health problems and experience of routine outcome monitoring & ability to meet agreed specified service targets.
- Excellent IT and interpersonal skills
If you are able to answer ‘yes’ to the following questions, you are welcome to apply:
- Are you eligible to work in the UK?
- Do you have a Masters Level Qualification in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy or Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and accreditation with the BABCP and/or an EMDR qualification and accreditation with the EMDR Association UK?
- Do you have an awareness and understanding of sexual violence and its impact?
- Do you have experience of conducting Risk/Needs Assessments & management?
Applicants who successfully pass the initial set questions will be sent an application pack. A completed application form is needed to fully apply for this post.
Successful applicants will be subject to DBS vetting. Applicants must have a valid Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults Certificate prior to starting this role.
CLOSING DATE: 27th September 21 (23:00 hrs)
INTERVIEW DATE: Early October 21