We are recruiting a meat purchasing planner to join our team in Haverhill. You will effectively coordinate the day-to-day operation of the meat purchasing and supply for the site, to ensure production plans are achievable and weekly spends are within agreed parameters.
- Purchase correct meats at the correct time for processing/curing
- To control picking of correct meats to maximize site profitability
- Setting up of all new products within planning systems, including life constraints, WIP codes and other requirements
- Constant monitoring of stock levels against orders and forecasts
- Raising of purchase orders in line with production planning requirements and supplier lead times
- Coordinate deliveries from suppliers using the stock management system
- Monitoring and reporting of order fulfilments and delivery adherence
- Communicate with relevant personnel on any supplier issues
- Constantly reviewing current practices and work processes, looking for efficiency and cost savings
- Daily communication with other departments including operations, and finance, to ensure optimal stock on hand and in time
- Cover other departmental members in their absence
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- FMCG planning experience (advantageous) however previous experience of working in a planning function (essential)
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to problem solve and confront issues, opportunities and others with logic across all levels of the business
- Competent in MS office systems suit
- A high level of flexibility is required
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies’ health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 33 days holiday per year including public holidays
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked pork products with c. 4,500 employees over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally. We have full production chain visibility and our pork is eaten by millions of consumers every year.
Karro is part of the Eight Fifty Group which with the acquisitions of Youngs and Greenland Seafood is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses, with sites across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Germany and France and sales of circa £1.9 billion.