Data Protection Manager
Job Title: Data Protection Manager
Location: Office (Newmarket) & Remote
Who we are and what is important to us:
Wonde is an innovative, exciting and fast-growing education technology company based in Newmarket, working with over 22,000 schools internationally and employing cutting edge technologies to help improve outcomes for students and bring a host of improvements to the education sector.
Wonde helps schools connect with the apps that they use, making the whole process simple and cost-effective for both parties.
We believe our customers deserve accessible, simple, quality solutions and we are dedicated to providing them!
As part of our growth journey, we’re looking to appoint a Data Protection Manager to lead and develop our data frameworks. This is a newly created and stand-alone position where you will have the autonomy and freedom to shape the role, quickly having an impact on our processes.
As our Data Protection Manager, you will develop and manage improvements in relation to Information Security and Privacy across Wonde. You will work closely with our in-house legal team to ensure we’re adhering to best practices, acting as a subject matter expert.
Depending on your experience, there may be the opportunity for this role to include acting as Wonde’s appointed Data Protection Officer (DPO).
You’ll enjoy the challenge of doing things differently and embrace the pace and focus of a start-up environment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and define data protection policies, guidelines and procedures
- Coach and train internal stakeholders on best practice and compliance frameworks
- Partner with internal departments and stakeholders to develop, agree and implement a data framework
- Create, prepare and deliver reports on data protection compliance
- Participate in meetings acting as the subject matter expert
- Maintain ISO & Cyber essentials Plus certifications, working with our external audit partners
- Establish an Information Security & Compliance roadmap
- Advise on and monitor data protection impact assessments, including assisting external stakeholders with the completion of theirs in relation to Wonde
- When required support external stakeholders on Information and data security
- Represent Wonde on various external data protection/security groups
What you’ll have:
- Ed-tech or software development background (desired)
- Proven experience in an Information security environment, including developing security and compliance policies and plans
- Expertise in data protection laws and practices, including UK and EU GDPR
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of information risk concepts and principles
- Ability to influence and coach technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ambition and initiative to drive change in a fast-moving sector
- Ability to prioritise workflow and ensure deadlines are met
- Ability to influence and learn in an ever-changing environment
What you’ll get:
Wonde is much more than just a place to work. It is a place to grow, innovate, excel and learn. We have tech people, creative people and people people, all focused on providing superior customer experience.
We value, support and champion those we work with - promoting personal growth and happiness. We get that our success is dependent on the collective energy, intelligence and contributions of all our team members and we are committed to ensuring our work environment is the best it can be.
We value your commitment and offer competitive salaries to reflect this, although there are other great benefits too;
- Flexible working
- Comprehensive wellness programmes
- Use of a new MacBook
- Frequent social events and company lunches
- Office closure between Christmas & New Year
- Casual Dress Code
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to continuous learning and development opportunities
- A collaborative atmosphere where everyone's opinion is taken seriously
- A rapidly growing business with big plans and a global footprint