Carer / Personal Assistant in Tower Hamlets
Job Title: Personal Assistant
Place of work: At my home and at places in the community – Mile End, East London area
Rate of pay: £10.85 per hour
Hours of work: 8.75hrs weekly
Purpose of job: To support me to live independently at home.
- To support me with all aspects of personal care, including washing, bathing, dressing, toileting and incontinence management and support with taking my medication / addressing any medical needs I may have.
- To prepare my meals and drinks and ensure that I have access to food and drink when I am on my own. This may include heating up and serving pork.
- To maintain a high standard of cleanliness within my home, which includes laundry, cleaning my dishes, changing and making my bed, and any other domestic duties that I may ask of you.
- To support me to move around in my house, get in and out of bed, bath or chair in a safe manner.
- To immediately raise any concerns about my safety or well-being with my family and to take appropriate action in case of emergency.
- To ensure I am comfortable and safe at home on my own which includes but is not limited to turning on / off lights, heating, TV, checking I wear my falls alarm and locking the door.
- To keep appropriate records and receipts of activities and monies spent
- To agree on suitable times and dates for support and to ensure a balance between continuity of support and flexibility of arrangements to suit the chosen activities
- Must respect my privacy and maintain confidentiality at all times regarding my personal life and what happens in my home.
- To enable me to carry out any other chosen activity, whether inside or outside my home, by carrying out any other requests I may reasonably make.