Personal Assistant/Support Worker
I am a young man living in the Merthyr Tydfil area. I have Downs Syndrome, global developmental delay, and I am also visually impaired I like routine and need clear boundaries to ensure I enjoy my hobbies and interests. These can include swimming, going to the park for walks, playing football, going to the gym and doing creative activities. I enjoy having a laugh and joking around and always smiling, my mum describes me as someone with a wicked sense of humour. The purpose of the job is to support me to develop social skills and appropriate behaviours when I’m out in the community. I would like someone who proactively gets me involved in activities and keeps me engaged and interested in the things I do while keeping me safe at all times.
Rate of Pay
£11.00 per hour
Mileage will be paid privately
Days and Hours of work
There are 10 hours per week available to be worked flexibly
Tasks and Duties
- Taking me out in your own car for which mileage will be paid
- Supporting me at all times, making sure I am safe
- Motivating me to try new things and go to new places
- Responding appropriately to my needs
- Suggesting and participating in active play
- Prompting me to wash my hands after using the toilet and other general hygiene needs.
Type Of Person Required
- A friendly and active person who has a good sense of humour
- A male would be preferred
- A car driver/owner
- You must be patient. This is very important
- You must be prepared to understand how my disability affects me
- Someone who can use their own initiative and encourage me to do new things
- A person who is dependable and a good time keeper
A person with the appropriate attitude and commitment will be able to do the job.
I will teach you how best to support me.
About The job
This position requires a national insurance number.
Applicants will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS police check at no cost to yourself.
You will also be required to attend a Child Protection Training course.
Apply on line – in Google search engine, precisely enter MER530215(JW)
Please request an application form via our registered email address
or call 0330 123 2815 quoting the reference number MER530215(JW)
Please note that this advert has been placed on behalf of one of our customers. Should your application be successful, you will be directly employed by the customer and not PeoplePlus.