Job Title: Senior Business Development Manager - Public Sector
Reports to: Chief Commercial Officer
Location: Office, (Newmarket) & Remote
Who we are and what is important to us:
Wonde is an innovative, exciting and fast-growing education technology company based in Newmarket, working with over 23,000 schools internationally and employing cutting edge technologies to help improve outcomes for students and bring a host of improvements to the education sector.
18 months ago Wonde launched its E-vouchers platform, to date we have distributed vouchers to over 850,000 families and partnered with over 12,000 schools and over 40 local authorities to provide support to those who need it most. Vouchers can be used for food, clothes, energy, white goods and more. In April 2021 we became a Crown Commercial Service (CCS) Framework supplier, we’re proud to be making a difference and will continue to proactively partner with public sector organisations.
As Wonde continue to scale we’re looking to appoint a Senior Business Development Manager to join our Public Sector function, this is an exciting time to consider joining Wonde as this opportunity will play a pivotal role in shaping our newly formed E-vouchers division.
As Senior Business Development Manager you will lead on all new business requirements, focusing on building strong relationships with prospects in the public sector to maximise revenue growth.
You will be flexible in your approach and be able to adapt to a diverse pool of customers, where personality and professionalism is needed.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop growth strategy alongside the executive team tailored towards the public sector, including local authorities and Government departments
- Business partner with internal key stakeholders to develop, agree and implement business initiatives
- Develop and define sales strategy to achieve business objectives
- Create, prepare and deliver reports on the status of new business opportunities
- Identify all relevant public sector tender opportunities
- Build, manage and nurture sales pipeline
- Research and network with public sector organisations and individuals to maximise new opportunities
- Research and adapt sales strategies to mirror market trends
- Plan persuasive sales approaches and pitches to secure buy-in
- Pitch and present in a consultative and professional manner to qualified leads
- Execute ‘out of the box’ sales plays
- Develop and implement new sales models to drive desired growth
- Provide competitor and market insights and analysis to embed correct drive and direction
- Collaborate with wider teams to further define and expand the scope of existing opportunities
What you’ll have:
- Ed-tech/Public Sector background (desired)
- Knowledge of Crown Commercial Service (CCS) frameworks (desired)
- Proven track record in a similar role
- Ambition and initiative to drive change in a fast-moving sector
- Natural in identifying and approaching new ideas
- Ability to prioritise workflow and ensure deadlines are met
- Ability to influence and learn in an ever-changing environment
- Strong 'can do’ mentality
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral with a high degree of attention to detail
- Good attitude towards individual and team success
What you’ll get:
Wonde is much more than just a place to work. It is a place to grow, innovate, excel and learn. We have tech people, creative people and people people, all focused on providing superior customer experience.
We value, support and champion those we work with - promoting personal growth and happiness. We get that our success is dependent on the collective energy, intelligence and contributions of all our team members and we are committed to ensuring our work environment is the best it can be.
We value your commitment and offer competitive salaries to reflect this, although there are other great benefits too;
- Flexible working
- Car Scheme Option
- Comprehensive wellness programmes
- Use of a new MacBook
- Frequent social events and company lunches
- Office closure between Christmas & New Year
- Casual Dress Code
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to continuous learning and development opportunities
- A collaborative atmosphere where everyone's opinion is taken seriously
- A rapidly growing business with big plans and a global footprint
We understand the importance of work-life balance, if you’re seeking a fully remote opportunity, bring us up to speed and we’ll see what we can do!