Logistics Team Leader
Logistics Team Leader - Scheduling
Bott have been established for 90 years specialising in the design, manufacture, and supply of Workshop and In-Vehicle Equipment, with production facilities here in the U.K, Germany, and Hungary, and partner companies throughout the world.
Doing what we do best, we are continually innovating, in our people, products, and services to offer best in class services. With this in mind, we have an excellent opportunity for a Logistics Team Leader to join our well-motivated Scheduling Department based at our Vehicle Enhancement Division in Ashby De La Zouch, Leicestershire.
Our ideal candidate would have previous scheduling/planning/subcontractor management experience, alongside being proactive, and have the desire to join a skilled and motivated team. In return we can offer a great working environment where you can make a real difference, a competitive salary, company profit-share scheme, company pension (service-related), company uniform, Tech Scheme, Cycle to work scheme, and 34 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays).
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a team of two coordinators ensuring that all vehicles that arrive/leave site are processed accordingly and that all required production-related sub-contractor work is booked, scheduled, and carried out in line with the customers’ requirements and within the agreed time scales.
The main responsibilities are as follows;
- Lead a team of two co-ordinators ensuring that they work within agreed processes, quality standards, and timescales
- Provide support and cover during holidays and busier periods
- Create, and implement process improvements to gain efficiencies across the department and wider team
- Communicate any short falls to the scheduling manager and relevant sales person as soon as they arise
- Hold sub-contractor review meetings, including all relevant stakeholders
- Represent the team at internal departmental and customer review meetings
- Conduct health and safety inductions for any new sub-contractors – (IOSH training will be provided)
- Ensures that the Sub-contractor Coordinator books and manages subcontractor requirements including;
- Checking the in-house system (SAP) to find out what sub-contractor requirements each order has, if any
- Book the sub-contractor; taking into account the build program and production space availability
- Create the sub-contractor list and email it to the gatehouse, ensuring that any changes are communicated at the earliest opportunity
- Ensuring that all subcontractors provide the relevant insurance, training, and health and safety documentation prior to coming on site
- Feeding back sub-contractor performance on a regular basis
- Collating subcontractor work sign off sheets and update the In-house system, the status report and schedule to ensure that completed work is recorded in a timely fashion
- Ensures that the Vehicle Processing Coordinator processes vehicle information including;
- Booking of vehicles in and off-site
- Production of supporting paperwork for the Conversion Centre and Gatehouse
- Following damage recording and reporting processes, within agreed timeframes
- Ensuring that the process for unidentified/demo vehicles etc. are adhered to so that every vehicle is accounted for
- Scanning and attaching relevant paperwork for warranty purposes
- Ensure that all SAP elements are completed to avoid any delays in invoicing
The successful candidate should have the following;
- Ideally have a minimum of 2 years scheduling/planning experience within in a manufacturing, engineering, automotive, or logistics environment
- Have proven experience of identifying and implementing process improvements
- Be highly organised
- Have strong computer skills including Microsoft excel, word and email
- Be a confident communicator as they will communicate face to face and by telephone with the company’s sub-contractors, production and sales teams
- Be able to adapt to changing priorities
- Be proactive in building their own knowledge with regards to the type of work conducted by subcontractors
- Be committed to continuous process improvement
The hours of work are 08:00 – 16:00 Mon – Thurs, 08:00 – 15:30 Fri - (37 hrs per week)
To be considered for this position all applicants must live within a commutable distance of our Ashby de la Zouch site in Leicestershire.
Bott Ltd are totally committed to an equal opportunities culture across all of our company sites and roles. This means we promote diversity and value everyone's differences, and we treat all people equally or similarly and they will not be disadvantaged by prejudices or bias. Therefore, our recruitment process means the best person for a job or a promotion is the person who earns that position based on qualifications, skillset, experience and knowledge.
Closing date for applications will be 20th August 2021 – (No agencies please)