HR and Payroll Co-ordinator
The HR and Payroll Co-Ordinator manages the maintenance and retrieval of information from the site Time and Attendance system and provides administrative and facilitation support to the HR Department and the Departmental Managers. This role drives the Human Resource Department forward by implementing continued “Best Practice” approaches and methods to ensure HR plays a pivotal role in the Company and provides a high level of support across all functions. The hours of work are 8am to 4pm Monday to Friday.
- Ensuring weekly payroll information is accurate and prepared within the set timeframes in liaison with Malton and the sites temporary work force provider(s) for weekly payroll processes and for monthly payroll processes in the absence of the HR Manger
- Reviews payroll documentation for accuracy through payroll information and reports and makes any necessary adjustments. Obtains necessary approvals.
- Prints, sorts, and distributes payroll information to department managers.
- Communicates within the Human Resources Department to ensure the integrity of the payroll data including data related to new hires, terminations, transfers and rate changes. Makes updates as necessary.
- Support the recruitment/hiring process by sourcing candidates, performing background checks, assisting in shortlisting, issuing employment contracts etc.
- Assist where appropriate the site management in areas of investigation, disciplinary and grievance to ensure correct protocols take place.
- Working within the team to: monitor, facilitate and provide administrative support to all functions to enable site to drive its absence management process.
- Assist managers in performance absence management procedures.
- Assist in special projects as assigned by management.
Skills, qualifications and experience:
Previous experience in a Payroll Department (desirable).
- Proficient in excel.
- Proven experience in an administrative role.
- IT literate, able to work confidently with Email, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to multi-task, work to deadlines, prioritise and deal with large volumes of work to a high degree of accuracy, with strong attention to detail.
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies’ health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 28 days (including public holidays)
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked pork products with c. 4,500 employees over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally. We have full production chain visibility and our pork is eaten by millions of consumers every year.
Karro is part of the Eight Fifty Group which with the acquisitions of Youngs and Greenland Seafood is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses, with sites across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Germany and France and sales of circa £1.9 billion.