I am a kind and sociable lady of 79 living with my husband, 2 westie’s and our cat (all of whom are all great friends) in the Rhayader area. I have a very engaging nature, a good sense of humour and I love to talk. We are very friendly, easy going people
I have lead a full life, have been blessed with 5 children and married twice.
I worked as an industrial photographer for an engineering company in Gloucester which I excelled at and thoroughly enjoyed.
I enjoy to paint in watercolours, going for days out in the countryside and have a passion for photography which is a hobby both my husband and I take great pleasure in.
I have Alzheimer’s and I am aware that I have this illness. We have maintained a plateau with it, and when I am with other people I am at my best. I have short term memory issues, but my long term memory is good.
I am looking to welcome a female companion to provide me with just a little support and good company, to accompany me from time to time where my husband can’t.
Days and Hours of work
4 Hours Per Week
Very Flexible and Negotiable, day time hours
Not required to work bank holidays
Tasks and Duties Will Include
- Accompany me out socially – i.e for cup of tea in a local café, lunch, hairdressers, drive in the country, walks in the country
- Accompany me out with my husband to be on hand to provide some support where my husband may not be able to (i.e using the toilet)
- Accompanying me to and supporting me with using the toilet when out
- Supporting me discreetly
- Providing good companionship during your shifts, this is a key element to the job
- Accompany me with ladies shopping and providing support with what to buy
- Going for walks with me and the dogs
- You may also be asked to undertake any other reasonable tasks that may be necessary
TYPE OF PERSON REQUIRED
- Someone Kind and Patient
- Good Company
- Good Listener
- Good Communicator
- Good Sense of Humour
- Animal lover – will be happy with our animals
- Someone Reliable
- Someone who could be flexible with working hours desirable
- A person who respects the privacy and confidentiality of working in someone else’s home
- Work off own initiative
- Honest and Trustworthy
- Female – due to some of the personal nature of the role
- Country person
- Previous experience, either personal or professional is not essential as the right attitude is the most important thing
Rate of Pay
£9.75 per hour
5.6 weeks paid annual leave pro rata per year
Any mileage and expenses incurred for journeys / outings made with me will be reimbursed. Please note this does not cover your mileage to and from your place of work.
About The Job
Pay is monthly by BACS
This position requires a national insurance number, you will be employed and no cash in hand arrangement is available.
You will be asked to undergo an enhanced DBS police check at no cost to yourself.
ONLINE - Enter precisely in (specifically) Google search engine – POW536386(LK) which will take you to where you can apply.
Or, request an application form via our registered email address email@example.com or call 0330 123 2815 quoting the reference number POW536386(LK)
Please note that this advert has been placed on behalf of one of our customers. Should your application be successful, you will be directly employed by the customer and not PeoplePlus.