JOB DESCRIPTION POW517430(LK)
A Little About me
I am a mature lady who lives with disabilities in Knighton.
I require two cheerful and respectful Personal Assistants to assist me with my day-to-day living. I prefer to be at home in my serene environment and really enjoy conversing as it keeps my mind active.
Hours / Days of Work
I would like 2 Personal Assistants to work with me 7 days a week, Monday to Sunday, totaling 24 hours each per week.
Monday to Saturday – 12.30 – 14.30 and 20:30 - 21:30
Sunday – 08.00 – 10.00, 12.00 – 14.00, 17.00 – 18.00 and 20.30 - 21.30.
Total Contracted Hours would be 24 per week for both Personal Assistants.
Rate of Pay
£10.00 per hour
Double pay on Bank Holidays.
General Tasks Involved
- Domestic support where applicable
- Assistance with personal care, showering and dressing
- Help with food preparation
- Constructive support with hobbies, interests, and activities at home.
- Other reasonable tasks required during the hours.
Type of Person(s) Required
- Experience of using hoists would be an advantage although not essential as all relevant training will be given.
- A person with caring experience would be preferred although not essential as all relevant training will be given.
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Flexible and adaptable
- With vision and ability to work unsupervised and sensibly, using their own initiative.
- Who are practical
- Who are dependable and reliable
- Who respect privacy and confidentiality
- Who find the working hours suitable to their lifestyle.
- A full driving licence holder.
- Who have a positive commitment to this kind of work
- Who have friendly, gentle and patient manners
- Adaptability and flexibility would be paramount, who could provide extra hours when needed.
About the Job
Pay Frequency – Four Weekly - By BACS. (Time and a half applicable on bank holidays.)
The successful applicant(s) will be subject to a 3-month probationary period. After this, a formal Contract of Employment will be given.
Two relevant references will be required
A DBS will be required – you will not incur costs to yourself for this.
You will receive 5.6 weeks paid holiday per year.
The Successful applicant(s) will be required to be flexible to support the existing team with sickness and annual leave cover
It is hoped that this job will be enjoyable and rewarding.
Apply online – specifically in Google search engine, precisely enter POW517430(LK) where it will then direct you to an application portal.
Please request an application form via our registered email address ILSPowys@peopleplus.co.uk or call 0330 123 2815 quoting the reference number POW517430(LK)
Please note that this advert has been placed on behalf of one of our Service Users - Should your application be successful; you will be directly employed by the customer and not PeoplePlus.