REF NO. POW486566(LA)2
Live in Personal Assistant
A LITTLE ABOUT ME
I am a middle-aged gentleman with an acquired brain injury, living independently in Llanidloes. I have problems with my health and mobility, and I am supported to live independently in my own home with 24 hr care support from my existing team of PA’s. I am looking to employ an additional team member to support with my care needs.
PURPOSE OF JOB
I receive Direct Payments to employ person(s) to assist with this support. The work would be varied and would consist of assisting with some home tasks, activities and interests. This work would be on a 1-1 basis, to develop my independent living skills, access meaningful occupation and develop my presence within the local and wider community.
Duties would include:
- Personal care to assist with all elements of personal hygiene
- Meal preparation and cooking. Support with eating and drinking
- Assist with medication
- Support with regular housework to include cleaning kitchen appliances and work surfaces, dusting, cleaning floors and bathrooms and any other reasonable task I request.
- Support with laundry and ironing.
- Support me with trips out of the home including shopping as and when required pushing me in my wheelchair.
- Accompanying me to Church
- Support me with hospital appointments.
- Support and encourage my independence and preserve my personal sense of well-being.
- To ensure I am able to fully express my individuality and determine for myself choices around Direct Payments.
- To assist in the maintenance of independent living and so provide me with a greater range of opportunities to enhance my lifestyle.
HOURS OF WORK
Live in for 2 days followed by 4 days off alternating with other PA’s
RATE OF PAY
£9 during the daytime, £8.72 during night-time.
ABOUT THE JOB
Though a part-time job, this will be a proper job requiring a National Insurance number to be submitted. I will be your employer. A trial period will be necessary in the first instance. The wage will be paid 4-weekly on return of a payslip provided by People Plus Payroll Services. A formal Contract of Employment will be provided.
References will be required.
- Working with me on a 1 – 1 basis.
- Accompanying me to Church once restrictions are lifted
- Assistance with social interaction.
- Support with shopping.
- Assisting to help me carry out my hobbies and pastimes.
- Accompanying me to various places recreationally.
- Support in community based activities.
- Excursions, for example, local attractions etc.
- Other reasonable tasks required during the hours.
TYPE OF PERSON REQUIRED
- Someone with a calm nature who doesn’t mind repetitive behaviours
- A person being willing and creative to assist in planning and assisting in all types of activities.
- A person who is dependable and arrives on time.
- A person who respects the privacy and confidentiality of working in someone else’s home.
- A person who is laid back and flexible, with a good sense of humour.
- A person with a positive commitment to this kind of work.
- A person with a friendly, easy-going manner.
- A car owner driver.
- Someone who could provide extra hours on occasions would be an advantage.
- Persons who are looking for a long term commitment to remain in this job, to build a good professional relationship with me.
- Persons who find the regular times suitable to their lifestyle.
This job would require the use of your own vehicle during working hours, taking me out in your car to various locations. Mileage expenses will be paid, subject to prior agreement and limits.
If you are interested in this job, please register your interest to; email@example.com
Quote reference; POW486566 (LA)2
Or call 0330 123 2815 and ask for a Powys Advisor
You will then be requested to complete an application form which will be submitted to the employer.
A Note from PeoplePlus;
Please note that this advert has been placed on behalf of one of our clients. Should your application be successful and you are offered the position, you will be directly employed by our client and not by People Plus.