ISVA in training £25,991, increasing to £27,041 once qualified
Independent Sexual Violence Advisor (ISVA)
ISVA in training £25,991 (SCP 20) increasing to £27,041 (SCP 22)
Home working and various county outreach locations
Hours of Work
37.5 hours per week (Monday – Friday, 09:00 – 17:00)
Nottinghamshire Sexual Violence Support Services (Notts SVS Services) are recruiting an Independent Sexual Violence Advisor (ISVA) to join our team in Nottingham.
The role is to offer practical support to anyone aged 18 years and over who has experienced sexual violence/abuse.
To work within a multi-agency setting to assist survivors/victims to access appropriate services such as housing, benefits, health services etc.
To support those who wish to report to the Police, through the criminal justice process, including liaising with the Police and any other criminal justice agency.
- Develop, in conjunction with the survivor/victim, an individual outcome-focused support plan and risk management plan to address risk and support needs.
- Provide face to face, online and telephone support to survivors/victims and their supporters.
- Support survivors/victims (where appropriate) through the criminal justice system.
Essential Experience, Qualifications and Skills
- Extensive experience of working with adult victims and survivors as an ISVA, counsellor, support worker, crisis worker or similar role.
- Experience of completing risk assessments and making safeguarding referrals.
- Knowledge of the Criminal Justice System and ability to support survivors where appropriate.
- Ability to problem solve
Further information or requirements
- Applicants who successfully pass the initial set questions will be sent an application pack. A completed application form is needed in order to fully apply for this post.
- Applicants will need to be able to travel around the county and be flexible as to working some unsociable hours, when necessary.
- Applicants will need to be able to work from home in a confidential environment.
- A full, clean driving licence and access to a vehicle are a requirement of this role.
- Successful applicants will be subject to a DBS check
Closing Date: 19th July 2021, 12:00pm
Interview Date: 26th and 27th July 2021