Who we are and what is important to us:
Wonde is the Stripe.com of school data! Developers use our simple API to access thousands of school records and build awesome applications that really help to drive better outcomes and improve students’ lives. We want you to help us develop our next generation of features and products that will be used by the 20,000+ schools that we work within the UK and the many more still to come as we explode into new territories.
We believe our customers deserve accessible, simple, quality solutions and we are dedicated to providing them.
So if the thought of big data and beautifully designed SPAs excites you Wonde could be the employer for you!
We’re looking for an experienced Senior PHP Developer to join our growing and talented team to help us build the future of Wonde. As our Senior PHP Developer, you will create both frontend and backend applications with the scope to up-skill your knowledge with Amazon Web Services. You will quickly be able to make your mark by maintaining and developing our next generation of products.
What you’ll be doing:
- Maintain and develop our next generation of products
- Contributing to the design and implementation of new and existing software
- Performing code assignments and collectively craft high-quality code
- Contribute to the common code bases and standards for your team
- Review code work for accuracy and functionality
What are we looking for?
- Experience with PHP and laravel
- Experience with cloud hosting providers (AWS) - desirable
- The capabilities and desire to work in a startup atmosphere
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills paired with an innovative mindset
- Self-starter attitude, taking ownership and driving forward the topics to completion and customer success
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team and to interact efficiently with others
What you’ll get:
Wonde is much more than just a place to work. It is a place to grow, innovate, excel and learn. We have tech people, creative people and people people, all focused on providing superior customer experience.
We value, support and champion those we work with - promoting personal growth and happiness. We get that our success is dependent on the collective energy, intelligence and contributions of all our team members and we are committed to ensure our work environment is the best it can be.
We value your commitment and offer competitive salaries to reflect this - although there are other great benefits too;
- Flexible working
- Onsite Gym & Mindfulness room
- Comprehensive wellness programmes
- Use of a new MacBook
- Frequent social events and company lunches
- Office closure between Christmas & New Year
- Casual Dress Code
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to continuous learning and development opportunities
- Collaborative atmosphere where everyone's opinion is taken seriously
- A rapidly growing business with big plans and a global footprint
We're a tech start-up and have the culture & benefits to match!