Job title: Financial Controller
Salary: £45K - £65K DOE
Contract type: Permanent Full Time
Hours of work: 40 hours per week the hours of work will be flexible to meet the business demands and include weekends and evenings.
Who are we…?
Stadium serves its clients with one goal in mind – keeping people safe. A goal we consistently achieve through the three critical parts of our business: Event Services, Training, and temporary Hostile Vehicle Mitigation (HVM). We tailor all three of these services to our client's wishes, ranging from football clubs and music festivals to local authorities.
To find out more about our story, please visit www.wearestadium.com
Who are we looking for…?
Due to our expansion, we are looking for an experienced Financial Controller who will have overall responsibility for the financial control, reporting and planning for the group; the group consists of 3 UK Limited companies and a recently created entity overseas.
We are seeking an experienced and analytical Financial Controller with international expertise to drive our organisation's financial operations and improve financial performance.
The role will provide essential advice and support for the management to make decisions; it provides the right candidate with the opportunity to own an integral position within an industry-leading services business.
The ideal candidate should possess strong analytical skills, good strategic thinking, excellent communication skills, exceptional numerical proficiency, and strong leadership skills. The Financial Controller should harmonise financial operations, develop effective financial strategies, guide efforts towards financial stability, monitor all financial activities, promote revenue growth, ensure compliance with accounting regulations, and maintain good relationships with investors.
Duties will include:
- Overseeing the Finance Team inclusive of our UK based Finance Manager.
- Assessing, managing, and minimising risk.
- Directing financial planning and strategy and provide leadership and advice regarding all financial matters within the business, including all financial analysis into business planning and performance.
- Analysing and reporting on financial performance provided to Directors and Founder
- Overall Management of the Finance and Payroll Departments ensuring all financial controls are maintained.
- You will provide strong leadership to develop the finance team,
- Developing and implementing accounting policies ensuring best practice is maintained.
- Production of monthly management accounts; reporting on variances to budgets and forecasts
- Cash/working capital management and reporting
- Manage all VAT, PAYE and other HMRC submissions.
- Set, oversee and review budgets and forecasts for each company, liaising with the Managing Director to ensure targets are achievable for sign off.
- Closely supporting and working alongside the Managing Director
- Liaise with external Accountants for submission of Statutory accounts and Tax Returns.
- Liaise and maintain relationships with our Banking and Insurance providers.
- Constantly seek out methods and practices to minimise financial risk.
- Management of key relationships relevant to the financial operations of the business
- Any other duties as directed
The ideal candidate will have the following experience, qualifications and skills;
- Fully Qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA
- Proficiency in accounting software (Sage 50 accounts)
- Extensive financial management experience.
- Experience working with senior stakeholders
- A hands-on manager capable of supporting the financial reporting needs of the business whilst working with and supporting the teams surrounding them.
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of accounting principles.
- Good commercial and business acumen; ability to look "beyond the numbers".
- Sound IT skills, including excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular strong Excel skills.
- Good problem-solving skills, analytical thought process.
- Discretion when handling confidential information.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to meet multiple deadlines.
- Five years post qualified experience
- Experience working with an overseas branch