Knights of Old are a leading privately owned 3rd party transport and logistics company with over 100 years’ experience and a strong reputation for quality and efficiency in the shared user and dedicated transport solutions industry in the UK and Worldwide.
Due to our continued growth and success we have a vacancy for a Transport Planner to work at our Customer's site in Brackmills. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated and hands on individual who is able to work on their own initiative alongside being part of a bigger team.
We can offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience, contributory pension, life assurance and enrolment in our cash back health care scheme.
Working Hours Monday – Friday 14.00 – 00.00
The main responsibilities of the Transport Planner include:
- Planning and consolidating a variety of loads in the most efficient way possible.
- Offering the highest level of service to our customers, both internal and external.
- Managing and liaising with drivers in order to achieve all targets.
- Working closely with our all of our operational teams in order to ensure that the highest level of service is achieved both internally and externally.
The essential qualities of the Transport Planner include:
- Demonstrable experience of both planning and driver management.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the transport and logistics sector.
- Good geographical knowledge of the UK.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the commercial drive to make a success of this role.
If your skills match the above then we would like to hear from you so please press apply to be considered for the Transport Planner role.