Knights of Old are a leading 3rd party logistics company with a name for quality and efficiency in the shared user and dedicated transport solutions industry. We require a Transport Controller to work on our customer site in Witham.
We can offer a competitive salary, life assurance and enrolment in our cash back health care scheme.
The main responsibilities of the Transport Controller include:
- The production and distribution of KPI reports.
- Briefing and debriefing drivers.
- Booking in loads and providing ETA’s.
- Providing first class customer services.
- Resolving any ad hoc queries.
- Answering drivers calls daily and assisting with queries/returns/collections
- Creating manifests on TMS
- Scanning POD’s
- Planning daily runs for the fleet
- Payroll preparation-Checking and processing defect sheets
- Assist with client queries via telephone/email
The essential qualities of the Transport Controller include:
- Confident telephone manner.
- Experience of working in transport operations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong IT skills.
If your skills match the above then we would like to hear from you so please press apply.