Registered Address: The White House, 57-63 Church Road, Wimbledon Village, London, SW19 5SB. Company Number 10043016
Are you looking for a Transport Network Supervisor role with a leading General Haulage Transport company? Are you looking for a company who treat their staff with respect and offer a competitive salary, great benefits, ongoing training, amongst many other incentives?
If we have your attention, please read on to see the following permanent position we are recruiting for on behalf of our client based in Coalville.
Specialising in general haulage, palletised transportation and warehousing, our client is looking for a reliable, professional and proactive Transport Network Supervisor to add to their growing team on a permanent basis.
With a focus on developing and improving this customer focused operations, key responsibilities for the Transport Network Supervisor will include:
- Keep all customers informed of all failed services or significant delays
- Able to manage / communicate / work with a team of drivers
- Able to create a training and development process for the members of your team
- Confident managing drivers through the day
- Provide the communication link between customers and drivers
- Planning vehicles around requests, challenges and changes
- Monitoring customer requests, allocating jobs and issuing instructions
- Keeping up to date with transport issues and dealing with inevitability of changes to daily schedules
- Communicate fleet availability and issues to the whole team
- Communicating with drivers and colleagues to ensure on time deliveries
- Pre-brief and de-brief drivers on their daily runs throughout the day
- Troubleshooting critical transport related issues as they arise in a live environment
- Keeping your team knowledgeable and aware of any changes to operating procedures through regular formal and adhoc training
- Deal with and resolve customer’s complaints to ensure that issues are resolved effectively and efficiently, as required.
- Knowledge in the Transport industry is certainly an advantage in your application
- Excellent communication at all levels
- Delivering reports and analysis of network activities
- Preparing feedback reports on common failure areas and identified solutions
- Organisational and planning skills to develop Customer Service Team
- To complete all necessary administration duties
Key benefits for the Transport Network Supervisor will include:
- 28 days’ holiday per year – including bank holidays
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Ongoing training and development
- Free parking
The role is working Monday to Friday, with hours working around business needs, roughly 0600-1800 or 0800 – 1800.
The salary for this role is based on experience, with a minimum of £25000 per annum.
Interviews for this role are taking place as soon as possible.