Support Worker Carer (Female*)- Sleep in carers required: Fully employed positions
A Central London (Maida Vale) based family requires support and care for their 14 year old daughter who has an autism and learning difficulties. There are two positions available to cover sleep in shifts Monday to Sunday with flexible scheduling. There will be a couple of hours of waking work within the shift paid at a rate starting at £15.00 per hour.
The right candidate should enjoy working closely with people with autism with special needs. This is a home environment so experience and sensitivity to family life is essential and this is also a friendly environment to work in.
Working as part of a small team, you will be expected to help the young person in all aspects of their day including behaviourial therapies, and also support the family with some household tasks.
In return, we offer excellent rates of pay with a fully employed contract and associated benefits including paid holiday, sick pay and pension contributions to encourage long term engagement in the role. We will provide induction and training as well as shadow shifts.
Rates of pay
Sleep in weekday pay: £96.00 per shift (9 hours)
Sleep in weekend pay: £108.00 per shift (9 hours)
· Previous experience of working with young people with autism and learning difficulties
· 1:1 experience of delivering care to young people and supporting therapy programmes
· Able to help with cooking and light housework
· Enhanced DBS
· Educated to A-level standard or equivalent
* Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010 for a female worker to work with our client.