Role Purpose: Provide on-site leadership, direction, and development of all work facets in the management of staff and subcontractors to ensure safe, on-time/budget delivery of assigned telecoms projects.
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels.
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making.
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.
- Expert in all relevant Industry Standards including HAUC, NRSWA.
- Proven track record within the Utilities industry preferably on large Fibre to the Home Projects.
- 5+ Years’ experience working on Construction projects in a fast-paced environment
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsibility for all activities on the works within the projects assigned to you. Equal importance to be assigned to the 3 key areas of project delivery: Health, Safety and Environmental; Quality; and Productivity. Responsibility extends to all CU support services or 3rd parties who enter site. One project, One Management team, One Point of Responsibility.
- Assist the Project Manager in implementing and analysing KPIs for the teams, to drive excellence in HSE, Quality and Productivity.
- Provide direct management of all reinstatement requirements and walking over a project to identify any defects and rectifications needed.
- Fulltime field-based role, it is expected that all teams under your management are visited once a day.
- Reduce defects, compliance failure, strike and incident rates. Develop ‘Right first-time’ approach.
- Assist the PM to manage works against the programme and budgets assigned to them, ensuring strict control, and prompt review and update throughout the timeline of the works.
- Build and own strong relationships with clients and external parties.
- Management and instruction of CU support services with regards to the requirements of your projects - Reinstatement & Logistics department, Fibre Team, Quantity Surveyor and Field Managers ensuring alignment within the team.
- Responsibility for the HSEQ performance of all teams assigned to you; you are responsible for ensuring they comply with company instructions and for assisting them in meeting their requirements.
- Work with relevant staff to develop technical solutions to operational issues, emphasis on coming up with solutions not just escalating problems to the PM.
- Assist the PM to provide weekly forecasting and reports for all projects.
- Assist the PM to track build progress; document and escalate delays through CEMAR via early warnings and compensation events.
- Identify and reduce risks by knowing near misses
- Identify and revise any CE variations to the PM
- Weekly meetings cost and sales reviews with PM’s to ensure profitability and efficiency
- 1st stage for sign-off of wages, subcontractor and 3rd party payments relating to your projects, PMs are 2nd
- Undertake monthly 121’s with teams, and book in 6 month and 1-year appraisals tracking their objectives. Identify underperforming staff; assist the PM to follow performance management procedures.
- Assist the Project Manager with HR Responsibilities.
- Participate in the identification & development of Construction Improvements.
- Ensure HSE and quality, risk assessment documents are accurate, completed and filed in appropriately
- Ensure Civils Team reporting is accurate and consistent.
- Report incidents and accidents and investigate all Utility strikes; Document and escalate all strikes.
- Build a productive and cohesive team by setting clear targets for each individual and team members ensuring they can deliver as required.
- Ensure 2 week look ahead visibility on all areas; identify potential bottlenecks, reduce downtime.
- Inspect and measure completed work daily to ensure the subcontractors measures are accurate and quality and deployment specifications are met.
- Carry out project work effectively and complete R1’s
- Avoid utility strikes with zero power strikes
- Ensure all damages are reported as per the company policy
- All operational forecast and activity is input accurately and in a timely manner into our Microsoft Navision (NAV) system
- Ensure any deviation from design or program are clearly highlighted and any opportunity taken to maximise operational efficiency, commercial gain or improvement in health and safety, or quality is recorded