Would you like some flexibility in your working hours? Would you like to have more Time to Care in one location – rather than often commuting?
We work to inspire vibrant community hubs that enriches our clients’ later lives by promoting a way of life that gives people as many opportunities as possible to remain mentally and physically active. Care Support has been providing care and support to people for over 20 years.
- No two days are the same and your responsibilities will range from helping clients to get up and ready for the day, from washing, bathing, toileting to helping with all the little things; the laundry, cleaning, shopping and cooking.
- Your role, according to the Care Plan that you’re providing, may also include providing specialist care and supporting our clients with more complex needs.
- You can work full time or part time – whichever hours suit you – although availability to work alternative weekends are important.
- Working variable hours may mean that your hours can change weekly, dependent on your rota. It might also mean that you may work within one of our other schemes from time to time.
- Please note that the business is open during bank holidays and so we would need you to work on some bank holidays. Any bank holidays that you do work will be added back into your accrued holiday and can be taken at another time.
- You will work within our Extra Care scheme – which means that you will work in one location for an entire shift – offering you less time commuting and more time to care!
- Fred Tibble Court offers on-site parking and is a 5-minute walk from the nearest bus stop, with a 20-minute journey to Barking station or Chadwell Heath Station.
- This is a large scheme that offers 31 Extra Care resident properties. The scheme was opened in 2004 and has recently been refurbished. You will be working within a 5-minute walk from the nearest Medical centre and shop or you’re a 15-minute bus journey to the nearest Grocer. This scheme offers a shared communal staff room with all the facilities you will need and where you can enjoy your lunch and breaks.
- The team believes it’s an amazing scheme to work due to having such friendly colleagues and approachable managers. They also enjoy the tidy, spacious, light and airy building. We have a very interesting mix of clients with most of our clients being supported to promote independent living and a few clients with dementia.
- This is a very exciting place to work, offering our team and residents a Cinema, meals prepared by an onsite Restaurant, two gardens, a guest room and an activity room where everyone enjoys arts and crafts, Bingo, baking and decorating activities. The team also support our clients with regular outings and events.
- It is important that you have a self-motivated and cheerful attitude, with a naturally caring and considerate nature.
- You have a natural ability to build rapport with clients and it is super important that you are reliable as our clients depend on you and the responsibility for their care will fall to you.
- You have good verbal and written communication skills to ensure that every customer feels comfortable with you and you can communicate their care and requirements to the rest of the team.
- Please note that you will need an Enhanced DBS check in order to provide care support. We can accept a DBS from the Update Service or assist you with a check.
Benefits for you
- We offer a competitive salary of £8.72 per hour
- Up to 28 days paid holiday per year (inclusive of bank holidays, pro rata)
- A competitive pension scheme to help you plan for the future
- Flexible working hours and local work
- We will invest and provide you with 2 x days FREE Induction Training alongside E-Learning for which you will receive a Care Training Certificate.
- We will also continue to support your development throughout your career with us, through refresher training, knowledge and opportunities to develop your career within the care sector. It is important that you are willing to undergo continuous training and supervision when required – and we will in turn offer you regular support and recognition.
If you are passionate about supporting customers and genuinely want to provide good care, we can offer you a career working in a friendly and supportive environment so please get in touch with us today!
Care Support is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. Please note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes a criminal record check.