REF NO. PER517277(CP)
Part-time Personal Assistant
A LITTLE ABOUT ME
I am a young man who is looking to employ an active and fun-loving PA who can support me going out into the community. I enjoy bowling, climbing, technology and learning new things. I especially like taking photographs of my surroundings.
PURPOSE OF JOB
I receive Direct Payments to employ person(s) to assist with this support. The work would be varied and would consist of assisting with some home tasks, activities and interests. This work must be on a 1-1 basis, to develop my independent living skills, access meaningful occupation and develop my presence within the local and wider community.
Duties would include:
1. Support me with trips out of the home including visits to the cinema, bowling, and museums and perhaps the beach.
2. Assist me to identify new activities that I can participate in.
3. Supervise me whilst I shower and dress myself.
4. Assist me to learn to shave myself.
5. Help me to broaden my interest in photography.
6. Assist with food preparation and helping me to learn new skills.
7. Help me to learn about online safety i.e. not accepting friend requests from people I don’t know.
8. Help me to understand about money and the concept of change
9. Support and accompany me to travel on the bus into town
10. Support and encourage my independence and preserve my personal sense of well-being.
11. To ensure I can fully express my individuality and determine for myself choices around Direct Payments.
12. Accompany me on occasional meals out locally so I can socialise within my local community
13. To assist in the maintenance of independent living and so provide me with a greater range of opportunities to enhance my lifestyle.
HOURS OF WORK
10 hours per week, days, and times by mutual agreement, can be split over several days.
RATE OF PAY
£10.00 per hour.
ABOUT THE JOB
Though a part-time job, this will be a proper job requiring a National Insurance number to be submitted. I will be your employer. A trial period will be necessary in the first instance. The wage will be paid 4-weekly on return of a payslip provided by People Plus Payroll Services. A formal Contract of Employment will be provided.
References will be required.
• Working with me on a 1 – 1 basis.
• Assistance with social interaction.
• Support with shopping.
• Assisting to help me carry out my hobbies and pastimes.
• Accompanying me to various places recreationally.
• Support in community based activities.
• Excursions, for example, local attractions etc.
• Other reasonable tasks required during the hours.
TYPE OF PERSON REQUIRED
• Male or female.
• A person being willing and creative to assist in planning and assisting in all types of activities.
• A person who is dependable and arrives on time.
• A person who respects the privacy and confidentiality of working in someone else’s home.
• A person who is laid back and flexible, with a good sense of humour.
• A person with a positive commitment to this kind of work.
• A person with a friendly, easy-going manner.
• A car owner driver.
• Someone who could provide extra hours on occasions would be an advantage.
• Persons who are looking for a long term commitment to remain in this job, to build a good professional relationship with me.
• Persons who find the regular times suitable to their lifestyle.
This job would require the use of your own vehicle during working hours, taking me out in your car to various locations. Mileage expenses will be paid, subject to prior agreement and limits.
If you are interested in this job, please register your interest to;
Quote reference; PER517277(CP)
Or call 0330 123 2815 and ask for a Powys Advisor
You will then be requested to complete an application form which will be submitted to the employer.
A Note from PeoplePlus;
Please note that this advert has been placed on behalf of one of our clients. Should your application be successful and you are offered the position, you will be directly employed by our client and not by People Plus.