Event Steward - Coventry
Event Steward – Coventry
Pay Rate: Under 25 £8.20 and 25+ £8.72
Shifts and hours will vary depending on event requirements.
Are you an outgoing individual with excellent customer service skills looking for your next opportunity?
We are looking for excellent Event Stewards to work on events through June 2021 till next year for Coventry City of Culture events and work at Stadiums in and around the West Midlands and London.
The successful Event Steward will be responsible for all or some of the following:
- Greet all visitors with enthusiasm & a positive manner that enter the event/area
- Offer an excellent level of customer service to ensure a smooth running of event
- You will need to ensure customers are adhering to social distance rules following government guidelines
- Deal with all queries & offer additional information to enhance their visit
- Check access passes where applicable
- Helping to direct flow of foot and car traffic, some traffic management may be required
- Being the eyes and ears of the event
All skills below are advantageous however not essential as we will make sure you have all the skills required to excel:
- Experience working as an Event Steward or as a Traffic Marshall
- Previous customer service experience
- Previous experience within a customer facing environment
- A NVQ Level 2 in Spectator safety is an advantage
- A qualification in Traffic Management is desirable but not essential.
All work is offered on a casual basis giving you flexibility to work around your current commitments or an opportunity to make it a regular commitment.
You will be required to provide 5 years’ worth of references and a DBS check will be carried out if one cannot be provided. To ensure you pass through the reference checks swiftly please dial 0300 200 3300 and request a 3-year employment history letter.
If you have previously worked as a Customer Service Host, Close Protection Operative, Spectator Safety Steward, Car Park Attendant, Traffic Management Operative, Retail Assistant, Event Host, Hospitality Host or any other relatable role please apply today with your CV attached!
*Please note that we are adapting our recruitment process to meet COVID-19 government requirements