Warehouse Shift Supervisor
Knights of Old Group are a leading privately owned 3rd party logistics company with over 100 years’ experience and a strong reputation for quality and efficiency in the shared user and dedicated transport solutions industry in the UK & Worldwide. We currently have a vacancy for an experienced and dynamic Warehouse Shift Supervisor to join our busy Warehouse Operations team.
The main responsibilities of the Warehouse Shift Supervisor will include:
- To work within the Warehouse team on the physical handling of all clients’ goods.
- To monitor workloads and the performance of subordinates within the warehouse team which includes any temporary staff.
- To monitor and record any damage to goods, whether on arrival or caused within the handling operation and inform the Site Manager immediately.
- To monitor and report any discrepancies to the Site Manager and administrative staff.
- To monitor mechanical equipment on a daily basis to maintain safety standards within the working environment.
- To monitor daily the Yard, Warehouse and Cross Dock areas for cleanliness and safety reporting.
- To maintain performance levels and discipline amongst the team including participation in disciplinary procedures and twice yearly appraisals.
- To help maintain a safe working environment in line with H&S Act 1974.
- To report any major customer issues to the site manager.
- To consider and maintain cost effectiveness at all times
The essential qualities of the Warehouse Shift Supervisor will include:
- Numeracy skills
- An in depth knowledge of the normal safe handling of goods
- The jobholder must be able to motivate and effectively lead the workforce.
- Good organisation skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
Shift available : 14.00 - 23.00
If your skills match the above then we would like to hear from you so please press apply.