Savings Assistant (Full-Time)
We are pleased to announce that we have an exciting full-time opportunity in our Savings Department for a Savings Assistant, based in our recently renovated Principal Office, in Hinckley.
Hinckley & Rugby Building Society was formed in 1983, however our history dates back to 1861. We have seven branches throughout some of the towns and cities of the East and West Midlands. We are a successful financial institution providing a variety of mortgage and savings products. (Please note that we do not currently sell general insurance or protection products)
Based in a vibrant, open-plan office, you will work alongside a great mix of experienced individuals. We believe that investing in our people and their future is key to our success. As such, you will receive a comprehensive induction process, extensive on-the-job training and ongoing support from management to ensure that you succeed in your role.
Working hours are Monday – Friday 8.55am – 5pm, with 1 hour unpaid for lunch. Saturday mornings may be required as requested by management, which a Saturday payment of £57.83 will be paid, and an annual salary of £17,664.
As a Savings Assistant, you will be responsible for the day to date administration of tasks within the Savings Department, as well as supporting and working with the Team Leader and Team Manager.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Telephone enquiries establishing customer needs and providing information.
- Preparation of standard letters and product literature in response to customer enquiries received via the telephone, post, email or via our website.
- Responding to internal and external mail within departmental service standards.
- Postal account duties including receipts, withdrawals and faster payment requests.
- Online savings account administration.
- Correcting customer database anomalies and actioning daily reports.
To be considered for this position, you will need:
- Previous customer service and administration experience.
- Able to prioritise and manage workloads.
- Act on your own initiative.
- Good excel skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
Benefits of working for Hinckley & Rugby Building Society
- Minimum of 23 days annual leave, with bank holidays in addition (increased with length of service and pro rata for part time employees).
- Annual discretionary bonus based on performance.
- Opportunity to buy three days additional holiday (pro rata for part time employees).
- Additional day off in your birthday month.
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave package.
- Competitive contributory pension scheme.
- Four times basic salary life cover.
- Opportunity to join Benenden Healthcare (upon six months service).
- Permanent Health Insurance (upon six months service).
- Access to the Employee Assistance Programme.
- Access to the Society’s Mental Health First Aiders.
- Three days paid leave to work in the community or as a volunteer.
- Eyecare voucher scheme.
- Loyalty bonuses for length of service.
- Reward and recognition schemes.
A job description is available on request.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Our offices have all the necessary precautions and risk assessments in place, together with the required PPE, to ensure that they are COVID-safe environments.