Copyright © 2018 Roberts Bakery
Roberts Bakery, Rudheath, Northwich, Cheshire, CW9 7RQ
Customer Care: 01606 818030 | Customer Orders 01606 818010
Hygiene/Asset Care Shift Leader
NO AGENCIES PLEASE -
Shift pattern: Monday and Tuesday 2.00pm-2.00am, Wednesday and Thursday 2pm-midnight.
Reports to the Quality and Hygiene Manager
Role purpose: Lead and champion the bakery hygiene and asset care team, ensuring the highest standards of food safety, legality and quality in-line with good manufacturing standards and processes. Following the company hygiene management system and all health and safety requirements, identify risks and work to eliminate them, identify areas for improvement and drive positive change within the teams. Day-to-day supervision providing a “hands-on” role, working between an office environment and factory floor.
What you will contribute
- Help maintain hygiene schedules, sign off cleaning task sheets when checked and completed.
- Carry out cleaning using the latest cleaning instruction cards, ensuring a food safe environment
- Update cleaning instruction cards and risk assessments-annually.
- Ensure safe codes of practice and Company procedures are adhered to.
- Quality awareness & reporting
- Close out pest control actions raised monthly/ quarterly.
- Be audit ready every day and be confident during audits/ customer visits.
- Competence in the use of chemicals and products.
- Fully engage with the safety programme and drive safety with the team.
- Maintain the food safety, legality and quality standards as set.
- Work effectively as part of a Team, in line with family values, working closely with Production Managers.
- Flexible approach to support production requirements
- Liaise with contractors ensuring their adherence to site HSE policies and codes of practice.
What you will bring
Experience of supervising a small hygiene team
A practical hands-on approach
An eye for detail and desire for continuous improvement
Experience of working in a food manufacturing environment(ideally)
Ability to work within a team and also on own initiative.
Competitive Salary in line with experience & benefits package
About Frank Roberts & Sons
Our family business knows a thing or two about baking bread – and challenging traditions. From the moment we started in 1887, we’ve taken a fresh approach. Roberts Bakery began as a grocery store, but one that sold freshly baked bread to the residents of Northwich in the heart of Cheshire. We’re still based in the same lovely town, as well as a site in Ilkeston and our bakery is a local landmark. Everyone here knows our iconic cooling towers, with glass walls that show the freshly baked loaves whizzing around on their conveyor belts. While our experimental approach has largely been behind the scenes, our other hallmark has always been firmly centre stage: quality. We use only the finest ingredients to produce delicious bread and other baked goods. At our Little Treats Bakery, we believe everybody deserves a little treat from time to time. So, we make, bake, and decorate delightfully delicious biscuits and iced treats for everyone to enjoy. Find out more at: www.frank-roberts.co.uk/about-us/