Site Services Team Leader
We have an exciting opportunity for a proactive candidate to lead, manage and develop the sites services engineering team in order to provide a responsive, professional and quality engineering maintenance service. Specifically focussed on engineering maintenance and service activities in relation to the sites infrastructure which includes boilers, air handling, refrigeration and water treatment plants.
Ensure maximum operational effectiveness from equipment and facilities, through the introduction of new systems and procedures which will improve the reliability of the assets and ensure the plants infrastructure is suitable for the safe manufacture of quality food products. Ensure full compliance with all legislative requirements.
- Maintaining and developing the sites infrastructure to ensure a safe working environment. This will include mainly the heating, ventilation, steam system, refrigeration plants and associated pipework & plumbing, fire and security systems, water and drainage systems
- Leading and managing the engineering technical support function, including:
- Training and development
- Cover arrangements for weekends, holidays and other absences
- All other people management issues
- Developing and coaching the engineering technical support team to encourage flexibility and cross functional skills. Instilling a ‘fix it right first time’ attitude and root cause philosophy
- Improving efficiencies and costs of equipment maintenance to agreed levels through targeted analysis, development and delivery of performance improvement plans
- Developing a planned preventative maintenance culture through the use of KPIs, customer service levels, detailed planned and preventative maintenance schedules and condition monitoring techniques
- Timely, accurate and supportive communications between all internal and external customers
- Assisting with the production of the annual budgets (revenue and capital) and monitoring spend
- Establishing agreements with key suppliers and contractors. This will include identification of appropriate providers, feasibility studies, arranging insurance and ensuring best practice on site
- Ensuring all statutory inspections are managed and records are maintained in line with current legislation.
- Maintaining and developing operating standards: health & safety, housekeeping/hygiene, quality, training & development and employee relations
- Preparing for internal and external audits
- Identifying opportunities for energy saving and ensuring these are embraced site-wide
- Ensuring the health and safety of all staff members, through strict adherence to health and safety procedures and providing support and assistance to the production charge-hands in completing their health and safety responsibilities
Skills and experience:
- Mechanical and electrical engineering qualifications and experience
- Proven track record of success in managing a team
- Experience of working within a similar role and an understanding of a site’s infrastructure
- Ability to balance team management responsibilities with hands-on practical tasks
- Strong organisational skills with an ability to balance a varied workload and re-prioritise in response to changing business needs and unexpected engineering problems
- Evidence of trouble-shooting and fault diagnosis
- Must be driven and enthusiastic with a passion for standards
- Highly professional and able to deal with issues unaided
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to build excellent working relationships
- Competitive salary
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked pork products with c. 4,500 employees over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally. We have full production chain visibility and our pork is eaten by millions of consumers every year.
Karro is part of the Eight Fifty Group which with the acquisitions of Youngs and Greenland Seafood is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses, with sites across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Germany and France and sales of circa £1.9 billion.