Carer / Support Worker / Personal Assistant
This is not just a care job, this is an opportunity to change my life in a way you couldn’t even imagine. In short I am looking for somebody who’s a competent care giver, respectful AND hard working to care for me on a 1-2-1 basis.
The role is around 42 hours per week, but opportunities to do extra when other team members are on holiday. Part-time options are considered too.
As a powered wheelchair user, I do need help with all aspects of my life ranging from cooking and cleaning to dressing me and driving. Since I require 24/7 care, the shifts are varied as per my work and social commitments and vary in length from 7 hours to up 48 hours straight (therefore including sleeping nights which are fully paid at an hourly rate). This does mean suitable applicants should be high energy and capable of working in a physical role.
My home is well catered for with a dedicated bedroom and bathroom facilities for carer’s. Rota’s are scheduled well in advance for both mine and your benefit.
To best describe the role, you're more than just a carer. In time you’ll become a friend, companion and someone who enables me to live a normal life, where I work, socialise and travel (with a bit of cooking cleaning and driving thrown in the mix). My current team have all been with me for many years, our success as a group comes from everyone being proactive in the care the provide to create an excellent working and living environment for all. I try to use people to their strengths. You’ll be integral to my life
No previous care experienced is required, however you must be able to demonstrate times where you have shown the qualities I am looking for.
- Full UK manual driving license. A confident driver is a must as there will be times where you need to drive my vehicle.
- A comfortable swimmer - I enjoy swimming but do need help getting in and out of the water, plus supervision.
- Comfortable with all aspects of care, including being a competent cook.
- A full DBS check will be required as well as eligibility to work in the UK.
- Comfortable in both a professional setting (such as office meetings) and relaxed setting whilst socialising.
Pay & Benefits:
- a permanent job with a salary of £10-£12.50 per hour when awake and £8.91 during sleep hours.
- 5.6 weeks pro rata holiday pay per year or more unpaid if you like
- Enrolment onto a pension scheme if you qualify (3 months into employment).
- Opportunity to support me in social activities, e.g. live football and in time holidays (although you are still working)
- Contract 40 Hours per week (average over 13 week period) minimum with opportunity to frequently do more (if you want)
If this sounds like it could be for you then please get in touch, and provide a short introductory cover letter about yourself and skillset. A CV/resumé/NVQs are okay but information about you as a person is much more useful to me.
Expected start date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £8.91-£12.50 per hour
Initial FaceTime (equivalent) interview then Covid Safe Face to Face