Steve Porter Transport -a KNP Logistics Group company- is a leading transport and logistics company with vast industry experience and a strong reputation for quality and efficiency in the shared user and dedicated transport solutions industry in the UK and Worldwide.
Due to our continued growth and success we have a vacancy for an Operations Manager to work at our busy Fareham depot. Reporting to the Operations Director the successful candidate will be a highly motivated and hands on individual who is committed to providing a dedicated first class service while delivering efficiencies throughout the operation.
We can offer a competitive an attractive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience, contributory pension, life assurance, and a company car (or equivalent funding).
Working Hours Monday – Friday and weekend work when the business dictates.
The Operations Manager (and their team) will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Steve Porter Transport operation including :
- Management of all regional distribution consisting of ten postcodes including offshore islands (IW and CI).
- Controlling all localised pallet network operations.
- Ensuring the effective and efficient execution of all local full load activities.
- Management of warehouse operations and associated employees.
- The production of KPI reports for both internal and external customers.
- Providing a safe ,healthy and legally compliant working environment.
The essential qualities of the Operations Manager include:
- Demonstrable experience of operations management in a busy logistics environment.
- Experience of working in customer facing transport operations.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Numerate with strong commercial acumen.
- Transport Manager CPC holder.
If your skills match the above then we would like to hear from you so please press apply.