Quality Assurance Auditor
- Permanent: 4on4off 6.00am – 6.00pm £9.31 per hour
- Fixed contract on Twilight Shift, Monday to Friday 18.00pm – 02.00am May–December 2021 (potential to become permanent) £9.31 per hour plus shift premium of £1 extra per hour for hours between 22:00 - 2am
Due to our further expansion and business growth, we are looking for a number of eager and committed QA Auditors to join the team. The post-holders will have overall day to day responsibility for ensuring procedures, processes and standards relating to food safety, legality and quality are being adhered to across the site and that product leaving the site is legal and conforming to customer specification.
- Auditing of processes, procedures, products, areas and people to ensure compliance and reporting findings or taking corrective actions as necessary.
- Interacting with equipment (E.G. Metal detectors / checkweighers) to ensure that it is working effectively.
- Investigating and resolving issues and non-conforming products to ensure that product safety, quality and legality is maintained.
- Detailed and accurate reporting of incidents to the management team and escalating as necessary.
- Training and educating of staff to ensure that process and procedures and being adhered to.
- Completing of product checks to ensure they meet the required specification and taking corrective action when results are outside of the agreed parameters.
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Literate/Numerate – able to read and understand procedures and specifications. Good level of literacy/numeracy required
- Computer Knowledge – Intermediate PC competency required;
- Detailed – must be able to accurately record incidents and non-conformances;
- Team orientated - demonstrates ability to work as an active and constructive member of a team;
- Keen to learn – more than willing to adapt to changing customer and company requirements and undertake any necessary training to achieve the required competencies and job objectives.
- Have strength of character – be able to calmly and clearly deal with challenging situations and get their point across and be determined and resilient, with the drive to complete tasks. Have the ability and right attitude to accept and learn from constructive criticism.
- Communication skills – Have the ability to effectively communicate with people from all areas and levels of the business.
Proactive health and safety are a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies’ health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive hourly rates
- 23 days holiday per year (including bank holidays) pro rata to shift pattern
- Competitive contributory pension
- Progression and career opportunities
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked pork products with c. 4,000 employees over 13 sites across the UK and Ireland. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally. We have full production chain visibility and our pork is eaten by millions of consumers every year.
Karro is part of the Eight Fifty Group which with the acquisitions of Youngs and Greenland Seafood is now one of the UK’s leading multi-protein food businesses, with sites across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Germany and France and sales of circa £1.9 billion.