Care Support Worker
Are you looking for a position which offers flexible working hours? Are you currently providing care but looking to commute less? Or are you a naturally caring person and would like to start your career in Care?
We work to inspire vibrant community hubs that enriches our clients later lives by promoting a way of life that gives people as many opportunities as possible to remain mentally and physically active. Care Support has been providing care and support to people for over 20 years. Originating in the homecare sector, we have now developed into a specialist Extra Care provider, delivering personalised Extra Care and support to over 800 clients in the South East and continuing to grow.
- No two nights are the same and your responsibilities will range from helping clients to get up and ready for the day, from washing, bathing, toileting to helping with all the little things; the laundry, cleaning, shopping and cooking.
- Your role, according to the Care Plan that you’re providing, may also include providing specialist care and supporting our clients with more complex needs.
- Full Time - Monday to Friday evenings – together with the availability to work alternative weekends – which are important.
- You’ll be working a variable-hours contract which may mean that your hours can change weekly, dependent on your rota. It might also mean that you may work within two of our other schemes (based in Bedford) from time to time.
- Please note that you may need to work on select bank holidays. Any bank holidays that you do work will be added back into your accrued holiday and can be taken at another time.
- You will work within our Extra Care scheme – which means that you will work in one location for an entire shift – offering you less time commuting and more time to care!
- Wootton offers a lovely village location to work in, just 8 miles from Bedford town centre. There is a bus stop near the scheme with a 40-minute bus journey into Bedford town centre. There is nearby on-the-road parking and we also offer parking for night staff.
- This is an amazing opportunity as you will be joining a positive bunch of people within this new scheme and team – and in a brand-new building! This offers you a light and airy workplace - Wootton has been decorated in stunning, bright and bold colours – which we believe will offer the right person a wonderful long-term opportunity.
- This scheme offers a Restaurant on-site. There is also a communal staff room with a Carer reference area.
- You’ll be assisting with reduced mobility, mental health, dementia and general support to promote a diverse range of independence and helping residents to settle into their new homes.
- It is important that you have a self-motivated and cheerful attitude, with a naturally caring and considerate nature.
- You have a natural ability to build rapport with clients and it is super important that you are reliable as our clients depend on you and the responsibility for their care will fall to you.
- You have good verbal and written communication skills to ensure that every customer feels comfortable with you and you can communicate their care and requirements to the rest of the team.
- Please note that you will need an Enhanced DBS check in order to provide care support. We can accept a DBS from the Update Service or assist you with a check.
Benefits for you
- We offer a competitive salary of £8.91 per hour (with a higher rate for weekends)
- Up to 28 days paid holiday per year (inclusive of bank holidays, pro rata)
- A competitive pension scheme to help you plan for the future
- Flexible working hours and local work
- We will invest and provide you with 2 x days FREE (face to face) Induction Training plus further E-Learning & Workbooks following which, on completion, you will receive a Care Training Certificate.
- We will also continue to support your development throughout your career with us, through refresher training, knowledge and opportunities to develop your career within the care sector. It is important that you are willing to undergo continuous training and supervision when required – and we will in turn offer you regular support and recognition.
If you are passionate about supporting customers and genuinely want to provide good care, we can offer you a career working in a friendly and supportive environment so please get in touch with us today!
Care Support is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. Please note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes a criminal record check.